User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It would be in your best interest to find a lawyer and fight it. Road Law and Interstate Trucker are two services. Basically, they are a referral service. You call them, give them the pertinent information and they find a lawyer in the area who can handle the case for you, usually at a discount. I have spoken to some drivers who have done well with this type of service. It might be worth a few hundred dollars to keep this off of your record.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

You might try the angle (with a lawyer of course) that you were completing the pass to avoid impeding the flow of traffic. Good luck.

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.
--------------------------------------------
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-- J R R Tolkien
Old 11-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

there's ways to fight tickets but i'm not going to say on here what they are.
Bottom line hope you learned your lesson.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Best way to handle this ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
Coming through Texas on my way home today, I got popped witha pretty nice ticket. 79mph in a 65 zone, more or less I had jumped out to the left lane to pass some slower moving cars (as in slower than 65mph) and ended up hanging out in the left lane til I could clear all of them. As I was about 1/2 way past the line of cars, I noticed 2 DPS cars, and a un-marked Impala on the right hand side of the road, too late for me to slow down as the DPS started rolling already. Anyways, what's the best way to handle thsi ticket? I'm obviously guilty and wouldn't plan on saying that I wasn't, but is there a way I can try to get the ticket reduced, or kept off of my record? I don't need any bashing telling me I am an idiot or anything like that, so if that's all your planning on doing, keep your BS out of my post...here for honest assistance.

Thanks In Advance,
Jason
I wont give you a hard time, but I will give you a little advise though.
Texas is a state that has a deferral program, now I don't know if all county's in Texas do but I know a lot do! A lot of states do this. A deferral is where you promise not to get a ticket in Texas for 6 months, some county's may be different with how long, but in most states its 6 months. You pay the fine for the ticket and usually a small fee for the deferral and after the 6 months the ticket disappears, never goes to your home state, its like it never happened. If you get another ticket in that 6 months time it will go to your record. Most places that have the deferral program will usually let you do it 1 time a year. Here's the advice, If you are going to exceed the limit, keep the AM FM off, keep your eyes open, listen to the CB,watch the radar detector , and stay out of the left lane as much as possible.
I cant believe some of these Big Time Operators couldn't have told you this.
Just remember to be alert at all times!!!! I can tell you this much 1 major violation will not kill your driving record!!!!
I'm 1 of those guys that halls a@s all the time and I have only had 3 tickets in the last 15yrs. Anyone else on this forum that tells you their right foot doesn't get heavy once in a while, they are a lieing sack of S@@t
Most people that come down on you for a lead foot are the ones that are the rolling road blocks!! and it pisses them off that you passed them. It dosent even matter if you are going 5 mph faster, it pisses them off.
I don't think all drivers have the know how, or the sense to know, how fast is to fast, or where or when you can kick it up a little! I myself wouldn't take advise from someone that would put you down for any mistake, you know what I mean!!! Call the court and ask them if they have the deferral program, you never know. This is always the first place you should start. Its cheaper than a lawyer.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If you are going to exceed the limit, keep the AM FM off, keep your eyes open, listen to the CB,watch the radar detector , and stay out of the left lane as much as possible.
:lol:

Quote:
I cant believe some of these Big Time Operators couldn't have told you this.
I can hardly wait to hear what a "big time operator" is. But I can guess. Does it include a chain drive wallet and those really spiffy fingerless drivers gloves?

Quote:
Just remember to be alert at all times!!!! I can tell you this much 1 major violation will not kill your driving record!!!!
So this advice comes from someone with major violation? No kiddin? Only the Outlaw truck dweller companies will hire with major violations. The companies are dumping grounds for the lesser driver and use the drivers and expendable items (like tires) to haul crap freight down the goat trails for the chance to drive some ex company truck with some more lights added to it. These drivers continue to take all the risks until you are no longer ABLE to drive. They toss you guys away like the garbage they see you as.

Quote:
I'm 1 of those guys that halls a@s all the time and I have only had 3 tickets in the last 15yrs.
WOW! I'm so impressed! *snicker*

Quote:
Anyone else on this forum that tells you their right foot doesn't get heavy once in a while, they are a lieing sack of S@@t
Or, they don't feel the need to be some magical mileage whore for their bosses.

Quote:
Most people that come down on you for a lead foot are the ones that are the rolling road blocks!! and it pisses them off that you passed them. It dosent even matter if you are going 5 mph faster, it pisses them off.
I've seen them and heard them for years.. they usually end up on these discussion boards crying about some "unfair" ticket and their continued "victimization" by "the man".

Quote:
I don't think all drivers have the know how, or the sense to know, how fast is to fast, or where or when you can kick it up a little!
And some drivers can actually pre-plan and get their butts out of the truckstops and bars before noon and don't have to play catch up all the time.

Quote:
I myself wouldn't take advise from someone that would put you down for any mistake, you know what I mean!!!
I don't think "you yourself" would or could take advice in the first place. Giving illegal and moronic advice is best done over the Childrens Band radio... But you are probably an expert there too! :lol:
Old 11-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Senior Board Member

First off, I am NOT a company driver, I work for MYSELF and got the ticket MYSELF in MY OWN truck.

Secondly, Fozzy, is it that hard to ask you to keep your stupid BS out of my thread? Seriously, there is no reason to come in here trying to instigate a fight with your "I think I'm smarter than you, and I'll disect your post til it's 3 pages long to prove it" attitude.

For everyone else who came in and gave their $0.02, I'd like to say thank you for the input! I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome!!

-Jason

Old 11-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Senior Board Member

In Texas you're kind of screwed. Commercial drivers don't have alot of options. Really, you're going to have to pony up some cash to pay a lawyer and get it reduced to a non-moving violation. The fine may wind up being more, but it keeps the ticket off your record. I got a fifteen over last January here in Texas. The trooper said it wouldn't add any points, but I haven't checked to see if it did or not. I do have a clean record except for that. These days though, I typically keep my foot out of it and just do the speed limit. Keeping my nose clean. If I get another ticket in the next two years, I'm definitely hiring a lawyer to fight it, regardless of cost.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
First off, I am NOT a company driver, I work for MYSELF and got the ticket MYSELF in MY OWN truck.

Secondly, Fozzy, is it that hard to ask you to keep your stupid BS out of my thread? Seriously, there is no reason to come in here trying to instigate a fight with your "I think I'm smarter than you, and I'll disect your post til it's 3 pages long to prove it" attitude.

For everyone else who came in and gave their $0.02, I'd like to say thank you for the input! I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome!!

-Jason
So the BS you refer to is the "you bought this ticket and pay for it" while the whoop whoop truck it up, tickets can't hurt you, I gots lots of um, yuck yuck yuckity yuck, stuff is relevant to you... Enjoy Christmas with a lighter wallet and know the lawman cut you a huge break.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Depends, on your overall situation(MVR wise)...
If that's your only ticket lately, i wouldn't bother, since it's not 15mph over, lawer and the whole deal, gonna cost you $$$$, and there is no warranty for success.

But if your MVR, a bit less than perfect,....than, money is not an issue! :wink:
Old 11-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Fozzy, I'm glad that you understand my financial situation and understand that a speeding ticket is going to hurt my wallet and/or my holiday season. Basically what I am saying is keep your fu(king bullshit out of my thread, I'm not whining or crying about the ticket, I sped, I got it...I'm just trying to find out the best way to take care of it. Go troll somewhere else.