User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 01:46 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Loading/Unloading (one more for the night)

Drivers: HELLO ALL DRIVERS!

YOu can not show loading/unloading as off duty!!!!!!!!!

You MUST LOG LINE 4 TIME. We all know you don't just go there and drop your trailer and now you are free to go. So therefore you must log it on line 4.

1. Time spent dealing with loading/unloading is on line 4! Paperwork, waiting, backing etc.
2. The time they will spend loading/unloading you see if you can go to your sleeper! If they don't mind then go to your sleeper and relax take a break! Read a book!

Being off duty at a shipper is definetly an eyebrow raiser!

Make sure you are there for the time you was at the customer and make sure you log line 4 time for dealing with it when you dealt with it!

DOT does not care what you get paid, we pay detention pay and the driver will log sleeper, pay means nothing, real life is what DOT wants!
So make sure you log it!

NO JOKING HERE! SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL YOUR TRUCKER FRIENDS AS THIS IS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM. Our drivers know, but it is the drivers out there today that might suffer the fine or other issues by not logging it! :roll:
Old 11-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

So you are saying that if you are at the shipper for two hours you are going to log that on line 4. Well lets see you log 15 min for hitting the dock and going inside. The shipper or receiver says they will let you know when you are done so you go back to the truck. 2 hours later they come out give you paperwork. Log 15 min on line 4 to get papers pull away close doors and then your off. So in all at the shipper on line 4 you have 30 mins. you are saying that would be an eyebrow raiser for DOT?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Loading/Unloading (one more for the night)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Drivers: HELLO ALL DRIVERS!

Yes you can - if you are not physically doing any of the loading or unloading, and are released from all duties. :roll:

Quote:
You MUST LOG LINE 4 TIME. We all know you don't just go there and drop your trailer and now you are free to go. So therefore you must log it on line 4.
Obviously you have never heard of drop and hook operations. :roll:

Quote:
1. Time spent dealing with loading/unloading is on line 4! Paperwork, waiting, backing etc.
Unless it is time spent in a sleeper berth. :roll:

Quote:
2. The time they will spend loading/unloading you see if you can go to your sleeper! If they don't mind then go to your sleeper and relax take a break! Read a book!
How about sleep, which is what a sleeper berth is for. :roll:

Quote:
Being off duty at a shipper is definetly an eyebrow raiser!
To who? :roll:
Old 11-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Board Regular

Let me make sure we are clear here! Only the time spent dealing with it is on line 4! If you spent 30 minutes inside, backing etc that would be line 4, if you can go in the sleeper then go in the sleeper and log it in the sleeper. IF the customer says you have to stand here and wait then you are on line 4 the whole time.

If you do NOT log line 4 time for loading/unloading that is an eyebrow raiser
If you log off duty that is definately an eyebrow raiser. At the customer that is.

When under a load you are always lines 2,3 or 4, except meal breaks or if the company relieves you of responsibilty for the equipment. Most company's give you a card allowing you to log meal, shower, laundry etc as off duty.

I am trying to help you log correctly but save your 70 hour as much as possible! So line 4 when you are dealing with it, if they don't want you around GO IN THE SLEEPER!!!!!!!!

So are we on the same page? :cry:
Old 11-01-2006, 02:08 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Let me make sure we are clear here! Only the time spent dealing with it is on line 4! If you spent 30 minutes inside, backing etc that would be line 4, if you can go in the sleeper then go in the sleeper and log it in the sleeper. IF the customer says you have to stand here and wait then you are on line 4 the whole time.
DUH.

Quote:
To who? There is no FMCSA reg that states that you must log "on duty" for time when someone else is unloading your trailer, if you are released from duty. :roll:

Quote:
If you log off duty that is definately an eyebrow raiser. At the customer that is.
Is there an echo in here?

Quote:
When under a load you are always lines 2,3 or 4, except meal breaks or if the company relieves you of responsibilty for the equipment. Most company's give you a card allowing you to log meal, shower, laundry etc as off duty.
You are truly clueless, aren't you?

Quote:
I am trying to help you log correctly
Nobody asked.

Quote:
but save your 70 hour as much as possible!
Which is why you said:

Quote:
:roll:

Quote:
Nope - you are on a page all by yourself.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Board Regular

Umm I am on a CORRECT PAGE! Sorry but In the FEDERAL DOT book it states you must log (duty status) time loading, unloading, waiting to be loaded, fuel, etc. You might make sure you understand this because what I said is true! That is why I am posting it so drivers who do not understand/ or driver who are not doing it will start doing it.

Ask a DOT officer how should you log loading/unloading! He/she will just tell you line 4. I am taking the extra step to tell you to go in the sleeper while they are physically loading/unloading you. But it is common sense you are going to take @ least 15 minutes (more than likely longer) to deal with the loading/unloading issues) Take the tip if you want, if you don't that is fine with me! If you get fined one day and you feel nice enough to say "Dawn you was right" then please go for it and I will be glad to say I know you didn't believe me and I wish you would have to save the fine you have to pay! It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poke out" RIGHT?
There is no where in the DOT book that tells you how long to log anything, it is all their common sense on we know it takes @ least this long and what proof do I have to show you it took this long? Them 2 criterias will get you caught! TRUST ME, I have been around and I have argued with 1 million drivers about this! And well they find out I am right! Sorry to be like that but you wanted me to prove myself I guess
I'm off to night night!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Umm I am on a CORRECT PAGE! Sorry but In the FEDERAL DOT book it states you must log (duty status) time loading, unloading, waiting to be loaded, fuel, etc. You might make sure you understand this because what I said is true! That is why I am posting it so drivers who do not understand/ or driver who are not doing it will start doing it.
Time actually physically loading a trailer = ON DUTY
Time spent waiting in your sleeper while someone else loads your trailer = SLEEPER BERTH

Quote:
Ask a DOT officer how should you log loading/unloading! He/she will just tell you line 4.
DOT officers can, and are, quite often incorrect when it comes to the regs.

Quote:
I am taking the extra step to tell you to go in the sleeper while they are physically loading/unloading you. But it is common sense you are going to take @ least 15 minutes (more than likely longer) to deal with the loading/unloading issues)
Please cite the reg for this.

Quote:
There is no where in the DOT book that tells you how long to log anything, it is all their common sense on we know it takes @ least this long and what proof do I have to show you it took this long?
That is not a DOT reg - I can easily go to a shipper, and within MINUTES be in a dock. Anything under 15 minutes should be FLAGGED. :roll:
Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
DUH.

Quote:
To who? There is no FMCSA reg that states that you must log "on duty" for time when someone else is unloading your trailer, if you are released from duty. :roll:

Quote:
Is there an echo in here?

Quote:
You are truly clueless, aren't you?

Quote:
Nobody asked.

Quote:
but save your 70 hour as much as possible!
Which is why you said:

Quote:
:roll:

Quote:
Nope - you are on a page all by yourself.
ROFLMAO!! :lol: :lol:
Old 11-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

So therefore you must log it on line 4.

Wrong-The only time you have to log On Duty Not driving is when you are Physically involved with the Unloading-and like said above if your involvement is less than 15 minutes just run a flag down when getting your BOL's Signed-whatever-Otherwise I ran Line 1.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
If you are talking about not logging anything...such as getting paperwork, drop and hook, then yes that is an eyebrow raiser.

Quote:
If you spent 30 minutes inside, backing etc that would be line 4, if you can go in the sleeper then go in the sleeper and log it in the sleeper.
Actually is you want to get technical, time spent backing into a dock should be on line 3 not line 4 since you are driving the CMV.

The best advice when it comes to the rules, any of them, is to read them for yourself. If a driver has never really read 395 of the FMCSR then they are asking for trouble. You can easily go to the FMCSA web site and read any rule you need to.