User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 02:18 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
IBMARS: The best way I can tell you how to calculate your 11 & 14 when split breaking is this. YOu have the first steps that you need to do my cheat sheet here!

After your second break

1) Go to the end of the previous break and count over 14 hours (the breaks being your 2 or 8)
2) Go the end of your previous break; Look forward do you have a 2 hour break or an 8 hour break or more? Look below and do the following for whichever break you fall into.
A) 2 hour break: Your final 14 hour mark is the one you made on Step 1.
B) 8 Hour SLEEPER break: Count the number of hours in the SLEEPER
and count over from your 14 hour mark you made on step 1; make a new mark.
YOU CAN NOT DRIVE PASSED THOSE MARKS UNTIL YOU HAVE FULLFILLED YOUR NEXT BREAK OR TAKEN A FULL 10 HOUR BREAK
3) Count total hours of driving time in BETWEEN the 2 & 8 hour break and subtract that from 11, the answer is how many hour you can drive.

You must keep track of your 14 hour rules at all times. You can't just say If I drive 5 sleep 8 drive 6 off 2. YOU MUST KNOW HOW IT REALLY WORKS with other issues that come to play

The breaks can be more than 2. JUST REMEMBER THE 2 HOUR BREAK DOES NOT EXTEND THE 14 HOUR!
Split breaking is a great tool to know, it gets many drivers out of situations they need to get out of and do it LEGALLY!

I know my split breaking and I know how to put it the easiest way! I have many drivers tell me this as I teach @ least 50 drivers a week that are new drivers and they tell me I am the only one that has explained it the best/easiest way!
Didn't we already cover this? Why rehash the same information that others have already given? There is nothing here that hasn't been said by others already - except they used better grammar.

Quote:
Ignore whatever REV says about me, he is just jealous I know my crap!
Dawn is a wonderful person.

Quote:
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT MY TRUCKERS AND MOST OF ALL BE SAFE
YOUR truckers? Since when are we "YOUR" truckers?

Quote:
Run legal or you can be put in prison!
I wasn't aware that the punishment for violating an ORDINANCE was prison. :roll:
Old 11-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You know the Old saying "those who teach..........."
Old 11-06-2006, 02:40 AM
Board Regular

Rev: I guess you need to understand if you are in an accident and it kills someone or hurts someone then you can/will be put in prison and fined some pretty big money. Check out the Taylor University accident in Indianapolis, Indiana that killed 5 kids (they miss identified the bodies of the 2 girls) Well there is an article that shows the driver in handcuffs because he had false logs! So maybe you really need to know logs is serious stuff.

and I re-posted because evident ally the guy still hasn't understood it from your previous messages as well! The grammar well isn't the point, it is plain English and using the stupid DOT words out of the book evidently is not working for the drivers because they would not be here looking for answers!

So Rev: I know my shiat! So you can like go pick on someone that really cares what you are saying because I DON'T! Wow it feels good to actually tell a driver what I really feel without worrying about getting FIRED! Hmmm been doing logs for 18 years I guess I would have been fired if I just didn't know what I was talking about!

Also: Truckers are my friends and I look out for them, I like truck drivers because they all have a different sense of humor and they all learn something from me! I have a few know it Al's, but you know I guess you get them everywhere you go. So yeah "To all my truckers" is a figure of speech and yeah I am letting them all know I am there for them!

LMAO! What is your credentials? Besides English class?

Are you a truck driver? Cause if you are do you get any miles on the road or is all your miles on the keyboard?

To all the other NICE truck drivers; I appreciate what you do and I am here if you need anything! I will find the answer for you!
Old 11-06-2006, 02:49 AM
Board Icon

It's all in the Bible-FMCSA
Old 11-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Default Thank You

Thank you Dawn for your help.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:57 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Rev: I guess you need to understand if you are in an accident and it kills someone or hurts someone then you can/will be put in prison and fined some pretty big money. Check out the Taylor University accident in Indianapolis, Indiana that killed 5 kids (they miss identified the bodies of the 2 girls) Well there is an article that shows the driver in handcuffs because he had false logs! So maybe you really need to know logs is serious stuff.
I doubt he was in handcuffs because of the logs - I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that he killed 5 people. :roll:

Quote:
and I re-posted because evident ally the guy still hasn't understood it from your previous messages as well! The grammar well isn't the point, it is plain English and using the stupid DOT words out of the book evidently is not working for the drivers because they would not be here looking for answers!
Using the "stupid" DOT words is the BEST thing to do, as it eliminates any confusion.

Seems to me that you were here the other day claiming you can log "On Duty, Not Driving" when you are driving on private property. Still looking for some sort of PROOF of that from that "stupid" DOT, as there are many interstates that are privately owned now, including (but not limited to) the Chicago Skyway, and the Indiana Toll Road.

Quote:
So Rev: I know my shiat! So you can like go pick on someone that really cares what you are saying because I DON'T! Wow it feels good to actually tell a driver what I really feel without worrying about getting FIRED! Hmmm been doing logs for 18 years I guess I would have been fired if I just didn't know what I was talking about!
Saying you are an expert doesn't make you an expert. :roll:

Quote:
LMAO! What is your credentials? Besides English class?
Graduated at the top of my class in high school, went on to college at U.W. River Falls, worked in the financial sector for quite a few years, worked for a legal company preparing large-scale cases for major lawsuits. Got into trucking, drove for 9 1/2 years as a company driver, pulling van, hoppers, HHG, flatbed, tanker. During that time, I started a corporation which handled re-processing store returns. Went into business for myself a year and a half ago when I bought my truck.

But my credentials are not important, as I am not claiming to be an expert. :roll:

Quote:
Are you a truck driver? Cause if you are do you get any miles on the road or is all your miles on the keyboard?
Some of us have actually figured out that you don't need to run your a@@ off to make money in this business.

But, to answer your question, I've got about 1,000,000 miles under my belt, give or take. I never really kept track, as it isn't important.

Quote:
To all the other NICE truck drivers; I appreciate what you do and I am here if you need anything! I will find the answer for you!
We managed before you, and we'll manage after you. Myth_Buster was even better than you, as he actually cited the rules. :roll:
Old 11-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Board Regular
Default Oh REV!

I doubt he was in handcuffs because of the logs - I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that he killed 5 people.

Denial must be something you are used to "automatically deny everything before you know the facts" Yeah there was several things, but the FALSE LOGS was the main issue here! TRUST ME! Keep track of the case! Something many drivers again do not realize!

Using the "stupid" DOT words is the BEST thing to do, as it eliminates any confusion.

Seems to me that you were here the other day claiming you can log "On Duty, Not Driving" when you are driving on private property. Still looking for some sort of PROOF of that from that "stupid" DOT, as there are many interstates that are privately owned now, including (but not limited to) the Chicago Skyway, and the Indiana Toll Road.

Umm you are not really driving when you are backing up your truck or when you are driving around to park your truck. Kind of like if you move your truck from one spot to another when you are at a truck stop and someone comes along and plays to loud of music so you want to go somewhere else! It is not driving you just moved around. DOT says anything UNDER 7.5 minutes you do not have to log! So I don't think (if you are a good driver) it would take you longer than 7.5 minutes to back up! Um Toll roads you are moving the truck consistantly and you would be behind the wheel that is why you would not be logging line 4, but would be logging driving!

It sounds to me like you really don't need to be here yourself! You was a truck driver for 9 years! I am impressed! I have been a log auditor for 18. Hmm I guess I have went through all the changes with the new regulations and all! I guess I have went through a DOT audit within the company. So yeah I know a little and I NEVER CLAIMED TO KNOW IT ALL! But YOU CLAIM YOU KNOW IT ALL AND WANT TO ARGUE EVERYTHING!

Are you really that bitter you have to attack people, instead of welcoming them? Was you totally mistreated by all your class mates and that is why you act the way you do! I am so glad you are not a truck driver now! THANKS TO THE LORD FOR THAT ONE!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Board Icon

You don't get "Handcuffed" Because of Falsifying Log books.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:46 AM
Board Regular

Thanks Webby, I just hope it helps 1 person to understand.
I say dont think about it just do what the steps say's to do and the why will come later. I was totally lost in all the paper work I had recieved on the split breaking, then once I stopped trying so hard to understand it I GOT IT! I was so used to the old rules, like you guys/girls. I didn't think I would get it, but I FINALLY DID and to be honest I can't remember the old rules as good as I can these! I hope they don't change cause I will have to train 2500 drivers once again! Although I feel for you guys on the 14 hour rule! Changing would suck for you all!!!

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:58 AM
Board Regular

Yoopr: I think you better watch your words and hope it doesn't happen to you! Cause I am serious, if you are in an accident and you kill or injur someone and it goes to court you VERY WELL COULD BE IN PRISON! I am sorry to be the bad news bear, but it is true. You can believe me if you want or you don't have to believe me. I have nothing to lose by telling you the truth now do I? You can probably google search false logs and find out how many drivers was arrested due to an accident and false logs! How many Dispatchers was arrested due to pushing drivers to run illegal due to the driver being in an accident!
I don't care if the company allows you to run illegal, you (yes you) can be put in prison if death or injuries occur. If injuries occur, you might be lucky and it might just be a lawsuit where they take everything you own and cause you to lose your "CDL"

I will dispute the facts with you all night although I will be tired soon as I have to go look at 2500 logs tomorrow! So send me your disputes and I will correct myself or stand up for myself. When I am wrong or misleading I will tell you the truth "truth shall set you free"

I don't hate I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great night guys (I wont call you my trucker friends as I guess that offends people)