User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
never known a DAC report to provide racial info??? can this be true?

In response to Marcel 27208.
I have my USIS (DAC) 20/20 report in front of me right now.
It says
Race : Black
Eye color : Green
I hope you keep in mind I'm a white male with blue eyes.
I want everyone out there to know this is not a racial thing for me, I just want you to know I'm being basically accused of someone Else's crimes.
Also I'm trying to let you know how little USIS (DAC ) cares about it's mistakes.
Their motto should be We report - You clean up the mistakes.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

all they do is report back what they were reported...there can be dataentry errors on their end, or faulty info reported. Do what was suggested and send them a letter, include copies of documents proving your id. A CDL and birth cert. ought to do.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:45 PM

unless the match on the 20/20 is your SSN and not just last name, first name, birthdate - you're not really being accused of someone elses crime. just think of how many john smith's there are in the world, and the likelihood that multiple john smiths were born on a certain day/date/year. now if just one john smith commits crimes, sometimes they'll pop up on someone elses background check.

if you can provide proof that this dude isn't you (besides the fact that you aren't african-american), then it won't be any problem. all you have to do is have the local police run a check on you and you can fax it - along with your applications you send out - and you should be in the clear. this also shows that you know what's on "your" record (even though it's not yours!) and are being proactive about taking care of the problem. that's a good thing! companies like proactive people, and not the ones who grumble and say "why do i have to do that for?"

in reply to the poster who asked if DAC provides racial information: the answer is yes, and no. if someone's arrested, tried, convicted, imprisoned, whatever for a crime, sometimes there are details about the person listed along with the charge (height, weight, race, eye color, distinguishing marks like tattoos and scars, etc). this information doesn't pop up all the time, and it's not as though they look by your SSN and it says "John Smith, who is 5'8", 160 lbs, is half-korean and has a tattoo of batman on his leg, has a clean criminal record".
Old 10-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Gadawg,

I also have to agree with Yoopr and TF on this, hire yourself a lawyer, namely "Road Law" or "TVC" with your DAC report in hand and show them the mistakes DAC put on your report.

It is bogus on what you are going through, Gadawg. All i can say is, keep your chin held high with your DAC report in hand and give TVC or Road Law a call.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper01
Gadawg,

I also have to agree with Yoopr and TF on this, hire yourself a lawyer, namely "Road Law" or "TVC" with your DAC report in hand and show them the mistakes DAC put on your report.

It is bogus on what you are going through, Gadawg. All i can say is, keep your chin held high with your DAC report in hand and give TVC or Road Law a call.
Dont waste your money, first you have to exhaust your obligation to point out the mistake. I mentioned the 'Fair credit reporting act' wich lists PROCEDURES for disputes. One thing is for sure, if you do not OFICIALLY notify them of the error, nothing will happen...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Senior Board Member

One,

If this gentleman does not at least hire a lawyer or has some strong evidence to back up his claim of being a white man rather than a black man, he more than likely not win.

Sh*t happens and in this case, Sh*t hit the fan hard enough to knock it over.

Gadawg may need that lawyer to look into it and to try to win his case of mistaken idenity.

My question about this is: How can a black man have green eyes? unless the black man used contacts that were color coded to make his eyes appear green.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
for instance, say i run a dac for someone named Barton Jones, born 10/25/1978. and someone who lives in the same state, named Bartholemew Jones, born the same day, went on a crime spree one day and held up a convenience store, stole a police car, and kidnapped a senators baby, all while high on crack. more than likely, poor Barton's 20/20 is going to bring all of that up.

obviously, barton does not equal bartholemew, so that's easy enough to disregard. but if whatever dac is bringing up is NOT you, you can contact the county in which these records are showing up, and ask them to write you a letter stating that the charges are not you, and you have a clean crminal record.
i'm reposting this because obviously the fact that this guy can go to the courthouse and get a copy of his record, and a letter from them stating that his criminal record is clean is the easiest way for him to fix this problem is being missed by a lot of folks here. the information that's coming up on his background check is NOT provided BY DAC, but provided TO DAC from other agencies. matches that show up on a background check do not ALWAYS belong to the person who's information was ran. getting a lawyer to sue DAC is just going to cost money you don't need to spend.

another for instance, i ran a bkg check on a guy and it brought up a charge/conviction from 1993 that said he'd been in prison for 12 years. but he listed work history on his application that went back to 2000. on the conviction record, it showed the name AND the address of the person who was sent up the river, so i ran a report that shows the addresses linked to a persons SSN, and the addresses that came up for our applicant didn't match the one on the background check (and he had lived there since 1989 or something). even though the name was EXACTLY the same, and they had the EXACT same birthdate, other information gleaned (besides the fact that his employment history checked out) shows that the arsonist is not the same person who is applying with us here.

if there had not been an address in the background check to do this sort of thing with, all this guy would've had to do is contact his local police authority, or the county, or whatever and have THEM run a check on him, and then fax it to us, showing that he wasn't ever convicted of anything.