User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anybody have good experience doing Intermodal?

Was wondering if any of you O/O can shed some light on how to break into Intermodal. I live relatively close to Savannah and Charleston. I've considered hauling Intermodal and was wondering if anyone can tell me the avg length of haul, freight rates, and is it better than pulling van, reefer, flatbed, etc.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Rookie

Anybody doing Intermodal out of the the Newark,NJ or Port Elizabeth NJ area?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Rookie

moneygreen look at the tread u first ask this question http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/o...ermodal-2.html
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Rookie

i am curently working the charleston ports . rates all depend on the company u will lease to,some charge cargo insurance to the drivers other pay only half of the f/s other are k.containers are heavy most of the time ,cops dont really bother mush with us really.and u will be runing from local or (20 to 80 miles or what they call otr with containers that means 200 to 500 miles.if u live close to the ports u most likelly will start and end on the port meaning u will get pay roundtrip ,meaning one way loaded and one way emty ,some times u get lucky and get realoaded and u will be getting the roundtrip plus the one way back witch is really good . lets say u pick up in wando terminal deliver in charlotte nc u get 600 round trip u got emty there and load arown there back to the port u may get another 300 to 400 bucks more.so in total u did 1000 dollars for 430 miles 300 in fuel or so 700 clean.that wont hapned all the time all depend on the company u lease with. atc,dunavan,allpoints and the other afiliated companys runing for evans they are all k. charleston ports are really good and newbie friendly unlike the nj ny and savanna ports