User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Do you care to remind me what was it? I mean avatar...And I do understand that you meant no harm, I even agree with what you were saying(for the most part). I just don't like generalization, when we are talking about any nationality. And my post was directed to both of you. I wish you all the best....
Old 06-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Rookie

wow, you got me, I really don't know for what, and what was the whole point of you trying to prove that I am from "Bosnia"or wherever you think I am from?
I am really sorry for your neighbors, you must have googled all of them before you even personally met them!
You really have a gift, you google! I did not even think of going through your profile page, and trying to google you! I do not care who you are, I registered here so I can learn some more about industry, and all I am learning here, is that there is limited people wherever you go! I need to get out of here. Thanks for your welcoming hobo I guess! And you need to google some geography! Bosnia, 7 hrs drive to Moscow? Come on! More like 70 hrs drive!
Came to US in 95, as a teenager, english is my second language, I think I am doing pretty good, even though you laugh at my english(not being homemade)!
I have a US passport, I call myself an American, I go and cheer for US Soccer team in the World Cup, and I notice that you have a little anti immigrant tone in your posts, even though, you would not be here googling me if your (grand/grand) grandpa did not come to Ellis Island, and look for the better life!
Oh I apologize for schooling you on these facts! But I am ready to debate you on everything from History to whatever you find interesting, any day any time!! (but please no GOOGLE let me know!
I am sorry, you might be older than I am,and typing more homemade english, and for that I give you respect, that is how I was brought up!
So only the muslims are immigrants, Ha never knew that! Maybe that is some new term in english language, let me get my Oxford's vocabulary really quick!
Have a good one guys!

Last edited by Scarleone; 06-04-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379 View Post
Do you care to remind me what was it? I mean avatar...And I do understand that you meant no harm, I even agree with what you were saying(for the most part). I just don't like generalization, when we are talking about any nationality. And my post was directed to both of you. I wish you all the best....
I wish I could... about the avatar. I don't remember what it was exactly. Seems it was a badass truck or maybe a motorcycle. I just remember that it always caught my eye when checking out the threads, and I made a point to read your posts. MANY of us lost our avatars when they made the big changeover a few years back. I think you even ran one for awhile after that saying "they lost my avatar." Maybe, I'm mistaken.

I don't like generalizations either, and I apologize again if I've fallen into that trap myself. I'm not perfect.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Board Icon

Scarleone said:

Quote:
wow, you got me, I really don't know for what, and what was the whole point of you trying to prove that I am from "Bosnia"or wherever you think I am from?
I didn't start out to prove you were from Bosnia. But, you DID try to deny my original guess which only increased my suspicions. I don't "think" you are from Bosnia... you STATED that you were on the BAF forum. Why did you try to hide it here?

Quote:
I am really sorry for your neighbors, you must have googled all of them before you even personally met them!
Nope, wrong again. It was actually YOUR idea for me to google you. YOU asked if Scarleone sounded Italian. So, I decided to find out if it WAS an Italian surname. It's not... although, Leone is.

Quote:
You really have a gift, you google!
LOL! That's a good shot. A CHEAP one... but, a good one.

Quote:
I did not even think of going through your profile page, and trying to google you! I do not care who you are, I registered here so I can learn some more about industry, and all I am learning here, is that there is limited people wherever you go! I need to get out of here. Thanks for your welcoming hobo I guess!
I don't google everyone who joins here either. Just something about your original threads, and the way you asked for info, that made me suspicious. If I was wrong about you... I DO apologize. But... I'm not convinced yet.

Quote:
And you need to google some geography! Bosnia, 7 hrs drive to Moscow? Come on! More like 70 hrs drive!
Oops, forgot y'all don't have interstates over there. The map scale may have been off a bit from one to the other, but... I remember when I was in Greece thinking that I could drive to the Alps quicker than I could drive to D.C. back here. Europe (and much of Eastern Europe) is so compressed compared to the great expanses of America. MOST countries over there are no bigger than an average STATE here in America.

Quote:
Came to US in 95, as a teenager, english is my second language, I think I am doing pretty good, even though you laugh at my english(not being homemade)!
Wasn't laughing at your English skills. Just pointing out what they told me about your "status." 95 is right about what I figured. I'm sorry, but... I'm a linguist. It's a hobby now.

Quote:
I have a US passport, I call myself an American, I go and cheer for US Soccer team in the World Cup, and I notice that you have a little anti immigrant tone in your posts,
I've never had a problem with LEGAL immigrants, and I accept the fact that you ARE one. I think many here in America have gotten a bit defensive about all the ILLEGAL immigrants coming here. If that has colored my posts, I will be more careful.

Quote:
even though, you would not be here googling me if your (grand/grand) grandpa did not come to Ellis Island, and look for the better life!
Oh I apologize for schooling you on these facts!
Wrong again. Immigration is a LEGAL status...from one (sovereign) country to another. The original settlers in America were not emigrating here... they were British (and European) citizens "colonizing" a new land. The United States didn't exist at that time (nor did Ellis Island.) I know it is an easy mistake for many to make... thinking that ALL Americans are immigrants who came thru Ellis Island, but.... it doesn't apply to all of us. My great, great, great ancestors were what was called "Gentry" that settled in America (the colonies) under land grants from the British Empire. One of my ancestors died fighting the British as a Major in the Continental Army during the Revolution. NO one in my family ever set foot on Ellis Island.

Quote:
But I am ready to debate you on everything from History to whatever you find interesting, any day any time!! (but please no GOOGLE let me know!
Doesn't seem that you are. But, why no google? I admit that I learn a lot from googling. The thing is... I try not to argue from a position of what I believe because I hear it from some source. I like to find out the facts.

Quote:
I am sorry, you might be older than I am, and typing more homemade english, and for that I give you respect, that is how I was brought up!
Ouch! That was a shot. LOL! Yeah... I'm much older than you. Respect is a good thing. And I will try to give it back as long as you continue being this honest. I meant no disrespect about your "foreign" English. It was just part of figuring out who you are. It was "analysis" not prejudice.

Quote:
So only the muslims are immigrants, Ha never knew that!
I never SAID that. There are SOME in America that think Muslim is a bad word. I'm NOT one of those.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Seems it was a badass truck or maybe a motorcycle.
Did i pleased you? I still got this truck, it's 2005. I've ordered it from the factory, and put on a road on june 1-st 2004. It's going to be my last truck!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Hey I just want to know one thing, how the hell did I get mentioned in this post? Mitchno1 are you stalking me again or are you just so fascinated with me that you just cant stop talking about me? just curious as to why you are so obsessed with me?
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Rookie

Out of respect for the more experienced gentleman hobo, I rest my case! I do not have a time for this!
Thanks!!
I wonder if I can take off the whole thread?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarleone View Post
... I wonder if I can take off the whole thread?
I've done that before, but it's tricky. Much easier to just double up your fist, and let them have it!

​................................................. ...............

Old 06-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Rookie
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I've done that before, but it's tricky. Much easier to just double up your fist, and let them have it!

​................................................. ...............
LOL ok i leave it be!!