User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well normally I'd just start a thread, see if people think it's fun to offer their 2 cents and let it die. But this time it's getting personal Gawd darn it.

Standing face to face with a huge bureaucracy has a way of humbling a man. It infuriates a man too but that's a whole 'nother story.

I'm thinking 1st or 2nd week of April I'll be on the road. Meanwhile I'm watching my credit card balances gain an impressive stature. The race is on. I was thinking Citi would do the better job of bending me over, but I steeled my nerve, made some calls, and Capitol One will be the one that says 'thanks for the bailout' in the most penetrating way.

It will pay off in the long run. It will pay off in the long run. It will pay off in the long run...

Grumbling is my new hobby.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Board Icon

Don't know what your credit lines are, but you DO know that anything more than a 30% utilization rate on any and/or all cards will start lowering your credit score... right?

Did you make a business plan and talk to your bank about financing for the short term at least?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Senior Board Member

if you are waiting for your DOT and MC numbers do not wait for the mail. i called the FMCA about 3 weeks in and they were done before the 4-6 weeks i was told. they'll also fax you the certificate