User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
Be smart with your insurance benefits. Some companies like Progressive gives you up to $175 a day when your truck is in an accident and being fixed or a rental. That's more than some guys make driving.

OOIDA had around $ 750 towing reimbursement and $ 1500 road service reimbursement. That's what it was when I got a quote.

This will help soften the blow.
I found out after I hit a deer that I had that coverage with Northland. I don't have it anymore lol

The daily payment doesn't start until you have been down for 5 days. I figured if I can afford to sit 5 days I can afford to sit a few more days without the extra cost on the premium. Mine also paid me 25% of my deductable back because I hadn't used the insurance. wooooohooooo $62 back for the added cost on the premium every month, I don't think so.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

When I started out I bought my truck with 511K miles on it. Between 580K miles and 700K miles I spent $26K on it in repairs.

It now has 950k miles on it and I haven't had any repairs done since 700k miles except regular pm's.

If I wouldn't of had the money in the bank for repairs when I started I would have been done before I really even got started.

I think it all depends on where you are running too. When I started I was pulling heavy loads to the west coast over the mountains everyweek. The mountains and the heat put alot of stress on your truck. I now run a dedicated route, 360 miles a day on the flat and my truck basically just idles down the road.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Look at Tracer. He gets it done without any money saved.