User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Good truck seats

Back when I was driving the Century Class Freightshaker I drove just had the original seat in it and it was horrible! Was just wondering what are the best aftermarket seats for a big rig and how they fare to original equipment seats?
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member

I have a Sears Elite Seat now in my truck. It has the blue ultra leather, 3-way lumbar, adjustable arm rests, and dual shock set-up. It was pricy at a little over $850 but I think it is a great seat.
I had a Legacy Lo HD in my Pete and KW which I absolutely loved and it was prob the best seat I had ever ridden in. I loved that the bottom cushion would slide WAAAAY out and support someone with long legs like me (which is hard to find) and the suspension set-up was amazing! I am going to look into getting another one for my current truck and move the Elite to the passenger side just because it sits too high for me at it's lowest setting. In a Cascadia or Volvo it would be amazing, but my FLD has a low mount and to add air and raise it up means I'm sitting too high for my liking and my knee.

As far a factory seats go, my IH had the most comfortable i had ever ridden in. It was a Bostrom and I could sit all day in that thing w/o a complaint. But that also had to do with all the leg-room behind the wheel and the pedal configuration too. My pete had a very nice leather factory seat in it ('95 model) I can't recall the brand but it was like a lazy-boy but I replaced it because it had started to tear at 789,000 miles of use LOL
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Board Regular

I recently bought the Legacy Silver seat made by Seats, Inc. Bought it at my local Freightliner dealer. It is leather, high back, and has full recline, a feature that I wanted. Steel Horse Cowboy is right about the seat bottom. I paid a little over 600.00, supposedly on sale. The parts guy at the dealership knocked 30 dollars off the marked price for me, might be worth offering a little less than marked price. I like the seat alot and would buy it again. Many seats I looked at don't recline far enough to suit me, too upright. Shop around, our local KW dealer was much higher price for the same identical seat.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Senior Board Member

When I ordered this truck, I spec'd the best seat that KW offered (can't remember who makes it..maybe National). It's an ok seat but I'm looking for something better. I was set on Knoedler; great construction, all the gizmos, and incredibly comfortable. Then I tried the Bose seat and that will be the one. You won't find a more comfortable seat...the question is how much are you willing to pay?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Senior Board Member

i personally love the ezyrider (or whatever its called) that comes in the freightliners. only thing i hate is the part that locks the seat comes unlocked.. i hate the chairs that rock.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
only thing i hate is the part that locks the seat comes unlocked.. i hate the chairs that rock.
Yeah I hate that too, you go to step on the brakes, all of a sudden the seat moves forward and your in a full lockup trying to keep everything straight.:eek2::eek2::eek2:
Old 01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictruckman View Post
Yeah I hate that too, you go to step on the brakes, all of a sudden the seat moves forward and your in a full lockup trying to keep everything straight.:eek2::eek2::eek2:
I'm the complete opposite, I can drive with a seat in the LOCK position...... to each their own LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Clay Rambler View Post
I recently bought the Legacy Silver seat made by Seats, Inc. Bought it at my local Freightliner dealer. It is leather, high back, and has full recline, a feature that I wanted. Steel Horse Cowboy is right about the seat bottom. I paid a little over 600.00, supposedly on sale. The parts guy at the dealership knocked 30 dollars off the marked price for me, might be worth offering a little less than marked price. I like the seat alot and would buy it again. Many seats I looked at don't recline far enough to suit me, too upright. Shop around, our local KW dealer was much higher price for the same identical seat.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I bought the Elite because it said it had full recline, but it doesnt recline, only has about 4 positions, am I misunderstanding what they mean by full recline?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Rookie

I saw a trailer at MATS this year selling truck seats. Bose (make radio's for GM cars and trucks) from Massatusetts has a seat that's computer controlled and takes the washboard out of a washboard road, they give you a whole presentation when you wait in line and go in the trailer...when you ask how much...you wish you weren't driving a truck $5995..boy that was the best seat I ever sat in.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
Maybe I'm stupid, but I bought the Elite because it said it had full recline, but it doesnt recline, only has about 4 positions, am I misunderstanding what they mean by full recline?
Mine lays all the way down into the sleeper. Maybe its certain models?

Mine was mfd in 2008. The only thing I hate is the right arm-rest adjusts higher than the left ......Grrrrr!

Last edited by Steel Horse Cowboy; 01-24-2011 at 07:14 PM.