User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Atmosphere ? Etc, etc.

WHAT'S IT LIKE OUT THERE CURRENTLY ?

anybody getting pulled around back because csa?

brokers off loadboards still pushing bottom dollar freight ?

how bout tx for flatbed are rates coming up?

renewed my insurance today, got a speeding ticket will be 2yrs ago in april in car,will drop off in april charged me $1200.00 more on my premium because of it.

Also your credit score has something to do with rates!

had a shipper drop an oversize load on my trailer called my agent to see if it would affect my rates! said no! but they lie "everything goes on you're loss runs sheet"
someone could calll you're insurance co. make up a lie and bam its on there regardless if there was a loss or not.

i backed into a shippers gate one time told him turn it in to his insurance and they'll get it from mine! he said no way im not having my rates go up! since i was at fault .
I SHOULDVE KNOWN ! also by me turning it in on my insurance they get to keep the deductible .. were as if i hadn't reported it and just turned it in on theres id have gotten all of it.
anyway this is stuff i didnt no since id never had an incident till last year!
in five years with northland no accidents till last year.
1. hit a dear
2. creased a gate
3. parked getting loaded shipper drops oversized load on trailer .
Agent tells me they canceled me! tells me dont worry 4yrs over 25 thou paid in and last year 5 thou pd out wouldn't be a problem !! right --WRONG! So much for loyalty .

SO WHAT IVE LEARNED ! THEY'LL GLADLY KEEP TAKING YOUR INSTALLMENTS ... UNTIL YOU COST THEM MONEY .
Old 02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Things are pretty much the same as always. There does seem to be more freight this year. It mainly depends on where you are when you need a load. Rates seem to be all over the place. I am seeing some decent paying loads, but am also seeing cheap freight. As long as you have those who will haul for fuel money, there will always be cheap freight.

I have spoken to a couple of owner operators that I know about being pulled into a scale. One has had 3 or 4 inspections in the last few months. He just got a roadside in Tennessee about a week or so ago. Another friend just got inspected and received a seatbelt ticket that cost him $137. You can expect more activity as the weather warms up.

I deadheaded out of Texas a couple of weeks ago. There was freight, but rates were much too cheap to where they were heading. I needed to get back east, and there was little offering that had much of a rate. Anything with a good rate was gone by the time it hit the loadboards. Most rates heading east were around $1.40 or less. There were some over $2.40, but those were gone faster than you could dial the number.

Insurance rates have been tied to your credit score for some time. I don't think that anyone's credit score should have anything to do with what we pay in premiums. Insurance companies don't like to pay claims. It does sound like you have had several claims recently.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:24 AM

Thanks ! GMAN!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

we gettin same problems in new zealand log export prices way up cowboys arriving on scene but truck cops being real heavy on them so helping us legal and orignal companys