User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
The "B" series I had I bought new in 1990, changed oil every 10,11K, had the lower end done every 300K, turbo at 800K, a few water pumps, some exhaust manifold studs (they all do this) and that was it, maybe I was lucky, I DO NOT baby any of my trucks, all of them were always loaded maximum gross and then some, I have pulled liquid tankers since the middle 80's, with a mixture of flatbeds and end dumps scattered thru the years.

While I'm done buying trucks, if and thats a big IF, I had to buy another it would be Cat powered, IMO, (for whatever its worth)the Cat is the best out there.

Who did the side-exhaust for you? I am debating on having a 63" pete sleeper put onto my FLD at the ICT shop here in Indiana and I'd have to do the same or underneath
Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member

and my first S60 DET had 1.5m miles on it and was only using 1 gallon of oil every 15k miles..... my current S60 has 700k and uses 0 oil and the recent oil-test showed it in spec.

As for all my CATS, they were all under 500k when I sold them but all were good but the 3408 which had been rebuilt with 400 miles on it when I sold it.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Who did the side-exhaust for you?
All made and installed by me, 2nd set since the truck was new, and yes there is a muffler under there also, was way too loud without it