User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. View Post
Why not just scan your paperwork? Sending it in is so archaic.
You know what .. you're right! I have a laptop, a small CanoScan LiDe 200 scanner (great gizmo) and Internet acess in US. The scanner converts multiple page files into one PDF file (pretty small size) and then I can just email it to their Accounting Dept. Best feature about my scanner is that it doesn't need any source of power besides the USB port on the laptop it hooks up to. Which is very energy efficient. So, I"m going to call Landstar and opt out of the TripPak
Old 08-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
You know what .. you're right! I have a laptop, a small CanoScan LiDe 200 scanner (great gizmo) and Internet acess in US. The scanner converts multiple page files into one PDF file (pretty small size) and then I can just email it to their Accounting Dept. Best feature about my scanner is that it doesn't need any source of power besides the USB port on the laptop it hooks up to. Which is very energy efficient. So, I"m going to call Landstar and opt out of the TripPak
You have to use Transflo with Landstar (which does cost $) but you can use the in-cab scanning software.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
Re: FEES When I was filling in the application I was careful to indicate with a YES or NO + my initials the options I specifically wanted or rejected. I didn't have to pay for Pre-Pass at my previous job but 10 bucks a month seems reasonable. I opted not to take Qualcomm with its $52 monthly charge, "Communication network" ($15 a month), and "Trailer Door lock ($129) since I have nowhere to hang it on to So, you just have to be smart. I did go for TripPak because I used them all the time to send bills over and they have been always very reliable. And it's only $16 per month, which is cheaper than using Fedex or Purolator or UPS. Landstar offers you "faster" mailing options, but they cost too much money, eg $125 for 10 pre-paid mailings with "the next day delivery". In my experience the much cheaper TripPak's yellow box is just as good.

I believe that you can now upload your scanned bills and paperwork directly to Landstar's website without having to go through Transflo. It will be less expensive than using TripPak and faster.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I believe that you can now upload your scanned bills and paperwork directly to Landstar's website without having to go through Transflo. It will be less expensive than using TripPak and faster.
I'm going to ask about this at the Orientation on Monday. Will post an update here on how bills of lading can now be submitted by a BCO to the office.

Watch my YouTube videos