LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=tracer;482463]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarsalesman View Post
Looking to buy my first truck. I prefer to buy an automatic. its just my prefrence. I found this truck here , any suggestions on what to look for when lookin at truck, i dont know much about specs and ratio's./QUOTE]

That's pretty much the truck I have, but mine is a 2004. I'd try to find a truck with all aluminum wheels. I have steel rims on the drive axles, and they: 1) rust; 2) weigh 200 lbs more than aluminum ones. Also, larger fuel tanks can be useful: you can buy fuel at a good price and then drive through 'expensive' areas. I have 2 big tanks and I can go 1,000 miles without refueling.

I got mine with 3.73 ratios but now changed them to 3.42 and it's much better in terms of speed and fuel economy.

Sometimes it is best to NOT find a truck with everything on it you would like, such as aluminum wheels. It may be a better deal to buy one with steel wheels (and make your negotiating the price downward easier) and then go buy the wheels you want, like Alcoa Durabrites. Or even negotiate to have the dealer put on the durabrites as part of the deal.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcarsalesman View Post
i dont know much about specs and ratio's.
Too late now but I'll say it anyway. Maybe you should learn the basics about trucks before breaking the bank.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 PM

yer daddy... im sorry for not consulting you before i bought!!! Maybe you can suggest some ideas, so i want make that mistake again.....