Old 11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henboy1 View Post
Scott, I have never really understood the scoring, and when FMCSA2010 rolls out, hopefully I can understand the rating.My score at the moment on the FMCSA website is 94%.They have also recommended that when I drive by the "hencoop", an inspection on me is recommended.From what I learned, someone with 54% is satisfactory and my scroing of 94% is normal for a "new entrant.Quite confusing!
I was stopped in Tuscola, TX two weeks ago by a DOT.He checked every paper work you could imagine and also my logs.He even checked me out on his laptop.When everything came back clean, he walked around the truck and trailer and did a visual inspoection.He said he stopped me for not having a reflective tape on the back of the trailer.He gave me a warning and let me go.
I checked my score on the site this week and it was still 94%.I will have to have my local PSC do an inspection on me to to bring that rating to around 50%.This will put an "optional" inspection recommendation on my stats.
GMAN, shed some light!

Having good inspections is supposed to help lower your score. The thing is that I am not sure that the passes are recorded as readily as the failures. I think that it takes about 30-60 days for things to show up on your score. It is better if you can get your score below 50. There is a forumula that they use but I am not sure how many people actually understand how it works. Perhaps with the new system it will make it much easier for most of us to see how various things can effect our score. The higher your score the more you are likely to have to pay for insurance. I have also gotten some loads due to my safe stat score. With the new scoring system drivers with higher scores are likely to find it more difficult to find employment. All the scale needs to do is to run your DOT numbers while you are entering the scale and they can see your score. If it is high then they are more likely to pull you in for an inspection. I believe with the current system your score could go down with time unless you have a bad inspection or something else that could affect your score.