User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Local Kenworth dealer says that used truck activity is moving now. I know where I buy them, they are done dropping prices. I am about 90% sure I will be getting another unit very shortly. I keep saying I am going to stop but I keep going I guess. I think 9 or 11 will be good to stop at.

Reefer equipment is hard to come by now. According to everyone I talk to, used reefers fly off the board the minute they hit.

I just leased two of them for $950 a month, $.03 a mile and $.70 per engine hour (engine not switch). I'd rather buy them but banks shut me off.

I am considering buying a clean 2000 reefer and installing a new unit.

Another point of interest btw, as I do the factoring thing too, am getting calls now from people with new authority wanting to factor. Not the smartest thing right out the box, but who am I to judge? I set them up, make sure they aren't getting ripped off and that's all I can do.

Last edited by merrick4; 10-15-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Board Regular

I talked to a friend of mine not long ago, he owns a trailer dealership with shop up here in the Detroit area. He sees no recovery any time soon, sales are terrible and he has a heck of a time getting people financed. Even guys with stellar credit are being turned down for loans, and my friend has roughly 8 different finance sources both locally and nationally. The only thing keeping his doors open is the repair side of the business, and he doesn't know how much longer that will last before he does have to close the doors.