User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Gman, If you buy a truck them let me lease it from you I promise that every other month I will make a payment to you that is at least HALF of what I owe you. That is if there is any money left after the usual expenses i.e. chrome, beer and commercial company. Scouts honor.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Rookie

One of our drivers has 11 payments left and he will own his truck, he had tried another lease purchase program, and they charged him for everything, needless to say, he failed. But with this program, he got a copy of the lease, while he was a company driver, they didn't push any thing on him, he followed the program, and now he will soon own his truck. He averaged 3500 miles a week, and the only he sat, was when he wanted to, our carrier keeps us rolling. Legally too.

In America, everything bought and sold has a mark up, somebody somewhere is making money on just about everything we buy. I worked for a furniture store that was big enough to buy La-Z-Boys for $25 a piece from the manufacturer, they then turned around and sold them for $350 a piece in the store. They sold like crazy, folks thought they were getting such a great deal. What a profit.

The selling and leasing of trucks is no different, however you purchase your truck, someone is making money on the deal, sometimes, big money!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Fuzeme, do you currently drive for USX as a company driver? If not, maybe you should consider that option before doing a L/P. Think about this, if they have the freight now, then you will stay rolling as a company driver and they have 100% of the expenses of running that truck. If you take L/P, you have 100% of the expenses of running that truck and they may not have the freight for you. L/P is the carriers way of getting those unseated(empty) trucks off the fence and have you drive it paying all of the expense, when it gets close to the end of your lease, they starve you so they can get the truck back and lease it to someone else. I can lease you the truck of your choice if you are the right candidate and you can haul my freight averaging $1.90 per mile to you. You probably wouldnt like the work, you cant get 4000 miles per week.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Gman, If you buy a truck them let me lease it from you I promise that every other month I will make a payment to you that is at least HALF of what I owe you. That is if there is any money left after the usual expenses i.e. chrome, beer and commercial company. Scouts honor.

Man, I could really make a lot of money off of you, Jumbo. I would not want you to be without the necessities of life, such as your chrome, beer and commercial company. :lol:
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Rookie

No I don't work for US Express, I work for an owner who has trucks leased on to a 100% owner operator company. So if I get into my employers l/p program, I would get the truck from him, my loads would come from the carrier the truck is leased to, so the carrier has no vested interest in the truck at all, it just needs me and my truck to haul the loads it books on a daily basis.

And they keep me hoping, I sit only if I want to, I get to choose the area I want to run, and when I get home, which is every 7-10 days, I let them know when I am ready to head back out again. All this as a company driver. I run the south and southeast, I love the Carolina's no chains in the winter.
With them picking up new accounts all the time, I would have no problem finishing my one year lease, then the truck is mine, free and clear. My employer gave me a copy of the lease, so I could look at things real close, trucks aren't new, the one I'm going into is 3yrs old, when he gets it in, his shop will go over the truck, put new rubber on, completely service the truck, and then I get to test drive it for a month or so, to see if i like or not.

I love this country.:clap:
Old 09-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Rookie

Load it, you are right, I got 4000 miles on a 7 day rotation, I left on a Friday, by the time I got home the following Friday I had 4000 miles. We were really busy that week, most of the time my miles are between 28- 3200.

So no I don't do 4k every week, be nice if I did though.:clap:

What company pays $1.90 to the truck? Must be expedited freight.

And if I get the truck I want, I would never make any money, I love Pete's, 379 my favorite, big Cat, 18 speed, 270 inch wb, all the chicken lights, keyless entry, ect.:clap:
Old 09-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member

How do they pay? on percentage of the load, or by the mile? the carrier not your boss.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Fuzeme, sounds like your 100% owner op compnay is the place to be. You need to get USX out of your mind unless you have ample vaseline. Why would you even consider USX L/P with the deal you have in your hand? Hmmmm?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Board Icon