User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT View Post
OrangeTX, your icons show me your true intellect.
I'm not bashing lease operators. I just wanted to see who considers themselves businessmen and who's just waiting and waiting for the next good paying load to hopefully pay the bills on Friday.
The IRS considers you a source of revenue and your company considers you a source of profit.
My MC numbers start with 3XXXXX and 4XXXXX, so that will let you know how long I have been doing this under my own authorities. I am a businessman who happens to know how to run a trucking company and broker transportation.
If you think I'm being a horse's azz, look at your icons (you juvenile delinquent posing as an adult).
And for the record....Dont mention Steve Booth to me in this context. Where is he now?? One year wonder, I liked his blog, but a businessman-trucker he wasnt. He was a hobbyist.
By the way, werent you running your own authority a few years ago?
Good luck with the bills on Friday, get your transflo done on time.
As far as "Transflo" goes, no...I didn't do that on friday. I sent my QC information on thursday when I unloaded, and yesterday, when I unloaded. I will get paid off of that, and turn my bills in, either today at the terminal where I am, or at the end of the week.

As far as having run under my own authority goes, yes. I was in business with my family at one time. GREED killed that, as well as the relationship I once had with my family. Now.....I keep them at double arms length....just as I do brokers.

You come on here posting inane questions, asking if "Drivers" consider themselves as pieces of "equipment" or as "businessmen". What sort of happy BS question is that? The majority of driver's out on the road, are employees. To many drivers, are out there on the road, with give a crap attitudes, working under medical exemptions, driving from point A to point B, because that is what they were told to do.

I know what it costs to operate my truck, all to well. I do the math when offered loads, to see what I can expect, at the end of the run. I pay my bills on time. I have had a series of engine problems the last 3 weeks, which have been expensive to repair, yet I managed to pay for those repairs, and still manage to have money enough, to take care of those whom I see fit to care for.

On top of the people I care for in my personal life, I also sent quarterly checks off, to "Saint Judes Hospital", to the "Cerebral Palsy Foundation" and to the "Muscular Dystrophy Association".

How about you? What do you do with your extra money?

I am not one of those people whom believe that deadheading hundreds of miles, because the head-haul paid so great, is good business sense. DEADHEADING hundreds of miles, kills any chance of profit a truck has. Empty miles are worthless and expensive miles, yet I understand that doing what I do, pulling tank, I have to expect empty miles. I don't have to expect though, 90 cent per "overall" mile, as an acceptable "to the truck" rate.....like so many brokers like to push off.

You don't like the graphics and want to call me childish? That is fine. Your a Blowhard, who asked a silly question, and got the silly answers you deserve.

Remember.......This is the internet, and nobody (except maybe the Mods) knows exactly how many screen-names you post under.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Default I am?

I am not a business person, I am a liquid chemical relocation engineer licensed by the federal gov.... I hope this helps!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
BANNED

The self-proclaimed oracle of business and trucking known as loadit:rofl:, is pandering his preachings over different msg boards.... and the legend in his own mind is getting similar responses as are posted on this one.... No one is putting much credibility in his/her topics....
Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT View Post
I'm only concerned with truck drivers and company drivers need to think like businessmen. We move the economy and we do it through customer service and motor carrier safety. We have too many drivers that have no idea what they are doing. Before Jimmy Hoffa, drivers had to do whatever to make a buck and get the load delivered. Since that time, we have had Teamsters, and then deregulation and now it looks like we have come full circle to drivers doing whatever to make a buck. This aint rocket science and we dont need to be rocket scientists to make it work profitably.
Drivers don't need to think like businessmen. They need to think like well-trained drivers. You have drivers that don't know what they're doing? Train them better. You have drivers that won't go the extra mile to get the load delivered? Pay them better. Drivers are paid to do a job. If they do the job well enough, they get to keep it. You go out and hire 10 quality entrepreneurs to fill you seats and I guarantee, in a year, you'll have 10 competitors and be looking all over again. Why? Because those that think like businessmen will never be content for long in that driver's seat.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries View Post
Drivers don't need to think like businessmen. They need to think like well-trained drivers. You have drivers that don't know what they're doing? Train them better. You have drivers that won't go the extra mile to get the load delivered? Pay them better. Drivers are paid to do a job. If they do the job well enough, they get to keep it. You go out and hire 10 quality entrepreneurs to fill you seats and I guarantee, in a year, you'll have 10 competitors and be looking all over again. Why? Because those that think like businessmen will never be content for long in that driver's seat.
:bigclap: :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Board Regular

The question strikes me as so idiotic as to be unworthy of a response.

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"