User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2009, 06:42 AM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
We delivered a McLaren F1 to a guy just south of Wilsonville, OR. He met us in a parking lot and asked me to follow him twelve miles to his house. I was a little hesitant about driving his 1.7 million dollar car on the road but decided to. He hauled ass and let me have one helluva ride. That 12 mile drive was one of the highlights of my driving career. When we got up to his placed he had me back it into a steel building that must’ve had 40 – 50 exotics in it. It was definitely a ride to remember.
Was it a house on the river with a bunch of Ferraris.......
Old 08-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
Was it a house on the river with a bunch of Ferraris.......
Well, it's across the road from the Willamette River. It's in Newberg way out in the woods off of Wilsonville Road, if I remember correctly (it's been a couple of years). You can't see anything from the road but trees and I never did see a house (which the Portland Lotus dealer service manager assures me is there, way out back); but he has two steel buildings that are something like 150' by 40'. He did seem to prefer Ferraris though as he had more of those than anything else (gave me a ride back to the truck in an Enzo). Hates Lambos and had 6 or seven Lotuses that have all been modified internally. The Lotus dealer I talked to said the guy has 15 Lotuses. Super nice guy though, AND drives all of his cars... doesn't just put them in a display case, which I really like. He didn't tip, but I figure the 100mph drive down Wilsonville Road in an F1 was better than any amount of money he could have given me. You can't buy what he gave me, so it's kind of priceless in a way.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Well, it's across the road from the Willamette River. It's in Newberg way out in the woods off of Wilsonville Road, if I remember correctly (it's been a couple of years). You can't see anything from the road but trees and I never did see a house (which the Portland Lotus dealer service manager assures me is there, way out back); but he has two steel buildings that are something like 150' by 40'. He did seem to prefer Ferraris though as he had more of those than anything else (gave me a ride back to the truck in an Enzo). Hates Lambos and had 6 or seven Lotuses that have all been modified internally. The Lotus dealer I talked to said the guy has 15 Lotuses. Super nice guy though, AND drives all of his cars... doesn't just put them in a display case, which I really like. He didn't tip, but I figure the 100mph drive down Wilsonville Road in an F1 was better than any amount of money he could have given me. You can't buy what he gave me, so it's kind of priceless in a way.
In my previous career in the automobile business I used to work that very same man. He is one of the nicest people one could ever meet. You would never know it that he owns nearly half of the land in Beaverton, OR and worth nearly half a billion bucks by meeting him..... And yes is daily driver was a Testarossa...
Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member

He likes to use the name "Paige" but after a little research I think he may really Ken Austin, who is the founder and owner of Adec, the largest dental supply company on the planet. Whoever he is, he comes across as regular dude with a huge pile of cash. One the few customers we had I truly liked... nothin' but class.

Last edited by Musicman; 08-16-2009 at 07:55 PM.