User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So why are you not talking to your local bank or credit union where you do your banking?

that is my ? too. I bank at my local credit union. now this may only apply to me, but I have sat down with folks at my credit union who are always asking if I need to borrow any money. one option was a heloc. for 3.25 % to use all the money any way I want. since my home is paid for I could get 100 % of it's value or if it was not paid for then 100 % of the equity in it. but still at 3.25 % the whole process would take 48 hours. I said thanks, but no thanks. maybe some day. but now I dont need any money. at least once every 3-4 weeks I am asked if I want to sit down & get some money. I think that because they see & know by my transactions, that I am an investor along with being a truck driver may be the reason they offer me the money. you should be able to get a much better rate.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Rookie

yep your right!! ill go searching tomorrow, just trying to make an honest living here, i cant get a company driver job, i live in florida, just got back from Iraq, which companies wont accept as part of my driving history, i remember the old days, you want a job, you go see the boss, sit down tell him what you have been doing, what you can do, and you either get the job or you dont, now you got all the HR BS, can you tell im a little pissed off!! the Iraq thing, many people think we go drive there just for the money, which works out at $25 an hour!! and thats partly true off course, but at my age 45 i cant go in the Army or reserve, so like others i thought it would be my way of doing something over there to help out, and when i get back it goes against me getting an OTR job, whats up with that, anyway ill be over the pissed off thing in the morning, lol
Rich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQDmcx2p04

Last edited by brycey2004; 02-10-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycey2004 View Post
no this lender was recommended to me, this is my only quote so far, he said the rate was 27% with a built in breakdown package and insurance top up, to cover the difference between insurance payout if truck totaled and actual loan amount, i said how come its so hi, my credit is good, he said it has nothing to do with credit, its me being a 1st time o/o, anyway it all sounds like bs to me, ive never had any problems with getting credit on cars/motorcycles or mortgage, so now i want to buy a truck to make money, and they want to bend me over!! i guess ill top up my mortgage and go that route, i figure a $25000 truck should cost no more than $400 a month over 5 years or $650 over 3 years, $1150 is taking the -----
Rich

You never had trouble financing before because you had a job and income, now you want to borrow to buy a job with a very high failure rate. Work is slow, rates are in the toliet, don't risk your home. Keep shopping.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Rookie

will do, it crazy how quickly this country has gone downhill!! still i believe it will get better, its up to us the workers to do it, you cant count on the government, its the many that make a great country not the few who try and run it!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycey2004 View Post
Today i got approved for buying my 1st truck, truck: 2004 Freightliner $25000, down payment $4600, 36 monthly payments of $1150, LOL!!!
do the math, you could get a better rate from a loan shark, so as you guessed i laughed and said no!! i have a great credit history, score 750+ no bad stuff on the report, good work history, own my home, and all that good stuff, so what the F--K is wrong with these people, anyway gonna finance another way, im posting this so if anyone is thinking about financing a used truck, expect these kind of rates, unless someone here knows better, i would sure like to know?
Rich
im pissed!!!
Whats your plan when you get this truck anyhow? Lease on to someone? Own Authority? Both seem like risky propositions right now. I don't think you will get many different answers from companies when it comes to leasing on as far as work history and such. And with your own authority out of FL I wouldn't think would be great right now either but I have no clue. Whats the plan?

Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You may be able to qualify for a business line of credit to buy your truck. I had a bank to tell me that they didn't do truck loans but they would give me a commercial loan or line of credit and use the truck as collateral. It is only a matter of semantics but I got what I wanted and they didn't make a truck loan.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Rookie

well, i am leasing on to crst malone, flatbed division, ll do that to get my feet wet, then see how the freight goes, if it seems positive ill get my own authority, ive been working on this for a few years, but work so far has been good in working abroad, now im back at a bad time its kinda difficult off course, but i figure with a low truck payment, and the fact i can do most maintenance work myself, i can do ok, yeah florida sucks for this work but i can work out of atlanta if need be, you know everything we buy/build etc is delivered on a truck, so if you play your cards right i think you can get through these times...
Old 02-10-2009, 04:11 AM
Rookie

Hi Gman
ive been with my bank 10 years ill start there, i payed most of my mortgage off with the money i made from iraq, but thats left me with not allot of cash flow, so thats why i need a loan, so bank or house re-finance, i just feel if you cant get work then create it, ill take a chance, wont be the 1st time!!
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

CRST Malone is a good company. I am sure you will do well with them. They have a good freight base and have been around for a long time. It is usually difficult to get your first truck financed. If you run out of Atlanta you could run for Debbie. She has an office next door to the Petro. She has a lot of freight around Georgia.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Rookie

well that would be fine, ive already been approved with CRST just hope i can get the loan on the strength of that and my credit score, the recruiter i spoke with was a nice guy, and when i explained my last couple of years work being abroad, he worked with me, not like some of the other companies i applied to, so so far im happy with them, ill stay out otr for long periods im not worried about home time, im used to that, gotta get the business going