User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 04:09 AM
BANNED
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I hope you didnt put your house up as collateral.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Good for you! as far as log books e.t.c ,the co. you lease to should provide all nessasary documents, logs included. I bet you learned a lot just thru this lil process? strive to be the best at what you are doing & teach others from your trial & errors. wishing you the best for many years to come...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Senior Board Member

I do want to weigh in on the house for collateral... some may have had an experience doing this, or know of some one who did that may not have worked out too well. for what it's worth, my intake on this is as follows... I think all options should be considered. putting up your home is some thing I would take very seriously. having said that. When faced with the options you had, I would of chose to go the route you did. why ? well if you dont have a family to support, that is a big plus. I have 6 kid's. the terms & rates are great. ask any other driver out there they would love to have had a choice like yours.

Now the main thing I like, looking at your figures is the payment. you could make that payment just working a regular job. it's not like you have to do a huge certain amount of miles just to get by & pay the bills. like a lot of lease purchase programs. I'm not sure what kind of debt you have & you dont need to to mention it here, but if it is low & things didnt work out & the truck engine blew up after a few weeks or months, you, like I said could make that payment by getting a job. not may folks could do that. another thing. in today's market, it is hard to get a loan. banks dont wants homes. they just want their money back. they would not be too anxious to get your home if you did default. they just want their payment. unlike some lease purchase where it is in THEIR best interest to see you fail, cause they want the truck back. banks do not want real estate. that is the common theme since this whole mortagage crisis started. at any rate. you are on your way. stay tuned here & let us know how you are doing from time to time.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Rookie

in reply, the loan i have is a heloc, for those who express concern about my house being used as collateral here are my thoughts, 1st im not married and have no kids, of course that will change one day, so im only putting myself at risk, if this whole thing failed, the smallish payment, the fact i can sell the truck, and a few things i wont mention on here, make it a pretty safe bet for me, i believe CRST to be a pretty good company to lease on to, but there are other options, im willing to go where the work is, im willing to stay out OTR for long periods of time, my 1st goal is to pay the truck off, i hope at some point to find good Florida statewide work, ill be looking into produce, work at the ports, military heavy equipment, HET, i believe if you are willing to work hard, have a good attitude, and are sensible with finances then you can do well in trucking, of course there is an element of luck as well, especially with equipment, so ill keep you all posted, right now im just trying to find a good truck, im looking for a 2004 or newer FREIGHTLINER CL12064ST-COLUMBIA 120 , 70 condo, detroit 60 or Mercedes MBE 4000 MOTOR, min 450hp, eaton trans, alluminum wheels, 550k or less miles, There are a few around, i hope to have one next week, i may also consider a Volvo 770 or KW T600.
Rich
Old 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Board Regular

Since you are willing to gamble you home and now you are a cash buyer, why not go to a auction and by a truck for about half of retail. you have no guarantee the dealer truck is any better than a auction truck.

Auction Calendar
Old 02-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Heavy Duty is right about auctions. I have known some owners who have gotten good buys by attending auctions.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 AM

I've seen some International 2005 International 9400i and 9200i with miles in the high 300s to 500 for mid twenties to low thirties. Prices on used trucks have fallen 20% since last summer. Of course that means trade in values have decreased also. We bought a 2005 T600 last summer for 45,000 and I bet it's not worth 25k now. I'd be wary of the Select Truck dealers. The one here in Atlanta tends to inflate their prices a little. I've found some good prices advertised by the Charlotte International UTC. You can find their inventory on truckpaper.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Several years ago I called a dealer about a Select truck. He told me that he could sell me a similar truck out of the program for about $10,000 less that he could under the Select program. Of course, they could be willing to deal more these days.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Rookie
Default a mission in iraq

Just thought id post a video i shot from my truck in iraq to show how it is really like over there, cause of the 10 min limit i had to edit it down, ill post more soon
Rich
ps im the english person you will hear

YouTube - mission part 1
Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Rookie