User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 12:39 AM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ifta grace period.....

Straight from the source..... amazing what happens when one types IFTA into the Google search engine.....................

http://www.iftach.org/bulletins/2009...e%20Period.pdf
Old 01-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey I got that notice in the mail,....but to simplify your life and avoid the laws that DOT enforces with their opinion instead of their actual laws,...it's easier to put on the sticker and carry the paper ahead of the deadline so they don't waste your time.

I've had a few of these battles this year,....won three out of four by reading their rules from their book. While they were writing the citation.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse View Post
Hey I got that notice in the mail,....but to simplify your life and avoid the laws that DOT enforces with their opinion instead of their actual laws,...it's easier to put on the sticker and carry the paper ahead of the deadline so they don't waste your time.

I've had a few of these battles this year,....won three out of four by reading their rules from their book. While they were writing the citation.
Isn't it amazing what the little green sucker can do for you??

Where you been parked there driver?? Long time...no see.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse View Post

Glad to see you back, Doghouse.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Yeah, I've had some problems with my back this year (glorious results of a mis-spent youth), but still managed to put 75,000 on this old truck.
I admire your persistence with your genny Rev,...I finally gave up and put a gas genny made for an RV. A guardian 3600 watt. I've run it for 2 months and no problems, quiet, and fuel efficient 4/10 gal per hour.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, that's good, Diesel. And, instead of posting to the other thread, you started your own to draw attention to your inference that I and maybe some others are dummies for not going straight to the source like you did. :bow:

Well, I'm more interested in getting the information than anyone's opinion of me. So, thank you very much, Mr. Big Diesel. :clap:

You'd think chain laws would be a 5 minute Google search but that wasn't the case. We had a thread on it earlier and the good information I've seen so far requires digging around at each individual state's DOT website. I ask people on the road, too, drivers really don't know the chain requirements for each state- they just know they have the chains or they don't. I was glad to slip into and out of California recently, going through Wyoming, without dropping the $400 the Pilots are charging for a set of chains.

Anyway, Diesel, I worship you.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Well, that's good, Diesel. And, instead of posting to the other thread, you started your own to draw attention to your inference that I and maybe some others are dummies for not going straight to the source like you did. :bow:

Well, I'm more interested in getting the information than anyone's opinion of me. So, thank you very much, Mr. Big Diesel. :clap:

You'd think chain laws would be a 5 minute Google search but that wasn't the case. We had a thread on it earlier and the good information I've seen so far requires digging around at each individual state's DOT website. I ask people on the road, too, drivers really don't know the chain requirements for each state- they just know they have the chains or they don't. I was glad to slip into and out of California recently, going through Wyoming, without dropping the $400 the Pilots are charging for a set of chains.

Anyway, Diesel, I worship you.
This is not rocket science.....:roll:

I found chain law for you..... and this only took less than a minute by typing " Tire chain law" into Google and lo and behold look what I found... Tire Chains by TireChains.com

Anything else ??? :roll:
Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
This is not rocket science.....:roll:

I found chain law for you..... and this only took less than a minute by typing " Tire chain law" into Google and lo and behold look what I found... Tire Chains by TireChains.com

Anything else ??? :roll:
Anything else?

Yeah, a couple things, actually. You see, I've got these hemorrhoids. I want to PM you some pictures to see what you think but everybody I ask to help me take the pictures- nobody will.

And, that tire chain link. Click on 'California' and tell me if California has a carry law and what the dates are. See if you can have more success with Wyoming and Utah, too.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:47 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Anything else?
And, that tire chain link. Click on 'California' and tell me if California has a carry law and what the dates are. See if you can have more success with Wyoming and Utah, too.
How do you run a business if you are incapable finding out chain requirements ???

If it were me.... I would look at the Caltrans, Wyoroad, UDOT sites..... or do I need to do the work for you ??:roll:

Unbeliveable......:roll:

Holey Moley that was easy !!!! http://www.dot.state.wy.us/Default.jsp?sCode=whpcb

So easy a dweller can do it !!

Last edited by BigDiesel; 01-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
How do you run a business if you are incapable finding out chain requirements ???

If it were me.... I would look at the Caltrans, Wyoroad, UDOT sites..... or do I need to do the work for you ??:roll:

Unbeliveable......:roll:

Holey Moley that was easy !!!! Welcome to Wyoming Department of Transportation - WYDOT

So easy a dweller can do it !!
You mean I have to do this for every state!? Golly, that could take way more than 5 minutes! I looked at that link, though. Everyone says you have to carry chains from such and such a date but it didn't say what those dates were. Also too, that link didn't say which wheel positions you have to have chains for. Wow, more digging, I guess, and all that is for just one state. Why, at this rate, I'd be searching the internet for hours learning the chain laws, carry laws, and chain types and positions for each state. Maybe you've got a faster internet connection, huh?