User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone else upset about the price of fuel lately?

I seem to remember someone else talking about it on here this summer. I have a very aggressive fuel surcharge based on 5mpg and as fuel soared so did my profits as I get better than 7mpg.

So now fuel is getting cheaper everyday and shows no signs of slowing. I can't be the only one upset can I?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw View Post
I seem to remember someone else talking about it on here this summer. I have a very aggressive fuel surcharge based on 5mpg and as fuel soared so did my profits as I get better than 7mpg.

So now fuel is getting cheaper everyday and shows no signs of slowing. I can't be the only one upset can I?

Don't worry it will rise again ,and higher than $4.50-5.00 a gallon just be patient it should'nt be too long .
Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandkw View Post

I too have taken a big hit since fuel has gone down,damn commies.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

The f.s.c. is not as bad as no freight. I was telling my daughter about 2 months ago, that if fuel/gas prices start falling fast like everyone wants... it wont be a good sign. now she understands a lil about the economy. when the fuel was high , I always had plenty of freight. I really did not mind having to work more to make up for the higher operating cost as long as the work was available. besides, I think for most of us the fuel was not the only or even the biggest problem. It was everything else combined, groceries, tires, truck part's, utility bills, property tax, e.t.c.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Don't worry it will rise again ,and higher than $4.50-5.00 a gallon just be patient it should'nt be too long .
I don't know if you are serious or not but I sure hope you are right. I like $4.25 or better. I know I am being selfish and not thinking about the bigger impact to the economy and such but I get to be selfish once in a while!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss View Post
The f.s.c. is not as bad as no freight. I was telling my daughter about 2 months ago, that if fuel/gas prices start falling fast like everyone wants... it wont be a good sign. now she understands a lil about the economy. when the fuel was high , I always had plenty of freight. I really did not mind having to work more to make up for the higher operating cost as long as the work was available. besides, I think for most of us the fuel was not the only or even the biggest problem. It was everything else combined, groceries, tires, truck part's, utility bills, property tax, e.t.c.
That is kinda the stinger on the whole situation right now. My FSC's have come down but my tires, oil changes and other parts are still expensive. I work on annual contracts(lucky I guess) and many come due at the end of December for 09'. I am already crunching numbers and trying to figure out what to do with my rates.....Fun for sure
Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It isn't just the fsc that has dropped. Freight rates have also dropped. Even if you take away the fsc from the rates from a couple of months ago rates were still higher than now. Several things are in play. This is a slower time of year for most types of freight other than the typical seasonal runs such as mail, Christmas trees, etc., We shall see if the slow down reflects on lower demand for capacity between now and the end of the year. The economy is generally down from a few months ago. Decreased demand and owner operators and carriers who are willing to haul for peanuts has resulted in lower rates. Some shippers and brokers are taking advantage of the situation and racking up their bank accounts at the expense of the truck owner. Fuel gave everyone an excuse to raise their rates without confronting the real issue, cheap rates.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Board Icon

I just got an early Christmas present today when I found out that all the FSC on the military stuff I haul dropped from 15% to 4%. What used to be a $325 FSC is now a $93 FSC. That friggin sucks.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
I just got an early Christmas present today when I found out that all the FSC on the military stuff I haul dropped from 15% to 4%. What used to be a $325 FSC is now a $93 FSC. That friggin sucks.

Who did the math to determine the FSC Rev?? Did LandStar hire a certain someone formerly associated with this forum?? :hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno: