Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floored View Post
It's an '04 model, 550 cat with 18spd and 3.55's. Drives real nice I tell ya. Its also kinda funny the added status you instantly get when your in a long hooded pete, I really noticed how much more courteous other truckers were to me, flashing me over or hollaring on the cb to "come on over big pete".

I'll be running every other week in it, heading from Nor Cal to NC and back, so mostly be able to spot me on the 40. May also scoot down to LA once and a while for when I plan to stay closer to home. Dry van right now, will switch to reefer sometime next year prolly when produce season kicks in here.

Got own auth, a great contract and big plans going along with it for future growth. Its overwhelming at times, but I always seem to make things work

Congratulations on the new truck and authority, Floored. It sounds like you will be traveling through my neighborhood now and then. I like driving I-40. Fuel tends to be cheaper and the road are pretty good without too many mountains. It is a beautiful drive.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Good luck Floored...Holy Toledo: a new truck-trailer, building a new business, a young child....whew!!!!! Just missin your cape there superwoman Best of all to you tho.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floored View Post
As far as interior comfort, this thing is not cramped at all inside. Of all the trucks I have owned/driven it is the most comfortable to drive & reside in while otr. I've always wanted a classic truckers truck, so this is my chance to have that, but I'm not fooling myself here at all, I know the price I pay (in fuel mileage and turning radius) to have this truck out there working as opposed to an aero truck (which I've already owned).

The interior of my truck has a wider bed, full cabinets all around, a work station, and plenty of room to change clothes/ect. I like the leg room inside and having everything within reach. Also have a fridge, and room for a TV and micro easy. This truck is pretty well designed for driver comfort, not like the older ones esp. since they have the "bat cave". Its in the shop right now getting a go over, I'll take some interior pics when I pick it up and post for you to see what all I'm talking about
And, don't bother going for one of the new "AERO" Pete's that replace the "long-nose". I've talked to a couple of guys driving them. They're cheap. Don't ride well. Don't drive well. Not anything at all like what you've got. None of them had anything good to say about them.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM
floored
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
And, don't bother going for one of the new "AERO" Pete's that replace the "long-nose". I've talked to a couple of guys driving them. They're cheap. Don't ride well. Don't drive well. Not anything at all like what you've got. None of them had anything good to say about them.
My buddy has one of those, he seems to like it. Although the fuel mileage isn't much better than what my truck does.