User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default C0-Pilot Truck Software ?

Anyone using this software for there trip routes and directions ? I was using microsoft treets and trips when I was on the road however, it does not have truck specific routes and alerts for low bridges etc etc.

Looking into purchasing this software when I go back on the road and wanted to get some first hand information from the folks using it.

Thanks, Joe
Old 10-18-2008, 05:36 PM

I have both co-pilot and delorme.
I only use co-pilot to double check delorme as a truck route when i need to.
because, for me, delorme's graphic's, color's (most important reason) are easier on the eye's.
and picking routes and poi's are extremely simple.
i had delorme first, but it took me on the wrong road sometimes (rarely, but still....).
so i got co-pilot and it was hard to map a route, i could'nt see the whole route as i drove...ie, about 100 miles and more (approx), i think. anyway, like, if a was going to AL from CA, i don't need co-pilot to show me the road in front of me the whole way. so i use delorme just to have the gps on the U.S map, and each states as i go thru them so i know which towns and truckstops are around, way before i get there.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Senior Board Member

i hear co pilot 11 sucks and that they don't know WHEN they will have the fixes ready. we have co pilot 9 as company installed GPS and we hate it. we use laptop base Delorme 2008+ (have loaded 2009+ but don't like it as well)( the + versions has the white, blue & yellow pages phone book built into it) and streets & trips 2007. (maps are a little better)

like fdmax said we to like the display of delorme best. and with the (free) add on file for (RV) low bridges and the like (13'2") helps in 4 years it has only get us into the wrong place 2 times and 1 was because i don't check it.

gps software is only as good as the person at the keyboard. i've had co pilot route us on to a 9 ton bridge..? and tell me that i can't use I-635 around Dallas because we had has-mat...?

a map is still best but as a tool gps is a real help for on the go checking for time and milage to your next turn, fuel stop and finish. and a real help when it's foggy or that dam tree branch is coving that street sign at your turn.

just my thoughts