User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is It Just Me Or

Does everyone have trouble with the "Rag Heads"?

Pull up behind a truck at the fuel island and wait 20-30 minutes finally here comes 2 rag heads saundering out and get in the truck.

I get cutoff at least twice a day. I got run clear down in the median yesterday. I was passing a truck and I was about halfway past the trailer and they pulled out to pass and never looked in the mirror before moving over and ran me into the median. I yelled at him on the radio and got their typical response......"F--k you man"

I just want to drill them right between the eyes whenever I see one in a truckstop.

I was sitting in a rest area catching up my log book and there was one standing beside his truck staring at me. I jumped out and yelled what are looking at and he got in his truck and drove away.

I hope my bail isn't too much because I am going to be pushed past my limit and beat the sh-t out one of them.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

I hate em... After running up and down I-5 for over a year I've had enough of them... I haven't had to much of a problem with them since I've been running east and instead of the hindu's it usually is the russians from chicago. It wasn't until yesterday when I was fueling up in Kingman, AZ that I noticed I was surrounded by the ragheads washing their truck with the window squeegee... :?
Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member

I was fueling at the J in Kingman when I waited and waited and waited. I was sitting in the rest area at the 251 in Santa Rosa NM when the one was staring.

Was run off the road on I40 in NM
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Senior Board Member

I almost rammed one getting off I35N onto 44E in OKC last trip. He was doing about 30 on the ramp in front of me, then at the merge LOCKED his brakes then piddled to the shoulder going 4mph. Cars on the shoulder on both sides of me (in my rear view mirror) then i look like the richardhead trying to get up to speed on 44 grossing 77K. He didn't even look over as we passed...just in his own little world. Prolly time to pull out his blankie and kneel to the (whatever direction) to his God of destruction and killing.

I digress....
Old 09-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Senior Board Member

i think we would all be in uproar if "one of them" had a post about catching a whiff of a stinky white man. And about how most of them smell like they havent showered in days. Or vice versa........ surprised this hasnt been removed!?!?!?
Old 09-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
i think we would all be in uproar if "one of them" had a post about catching a whiff of a stinky white man. And about how most of them smell like they havent showered in days. Or vice versa........ surprised this hasnt been removed!?!?!?
Funny, how we tend to focus on whoever is bugging us at the moment, isn't it marcel?

I agree that the middle eastern drivers tend to be inconsiderate but I'm not so sure they are any more inconsiderate than any of the other poorly trained drivers on the road. Used to be drivers would complain about these exact same things (minus religion) about Swift drivers and JB Hunt (now I'm gong way back), lol.

I've had problems with middle eastern drivers as well, but no more so than I've had with machismo drivers from south of the border. I've certainly had plenty of problems with white trash (and other colors of trash).

There was a time when you could count on the drivers in the trucks to be courteous and safe. No more, I fear. Personally, I think a lot has to do with the lack of training and the fact that new drivers are becoming trainers when they still have so much to learn. On a hypocritical note, I was trained by my husband when he was still a new driver, but he was trained for 6 weeks by a trainer who had 20 or 30 years experience and who took his job seriously.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
Funny, how we tend to focus on whoever is bugging us at the moment, isn't it marcel?

I agree that the middle eastern drivers tend to be inconsiderate but I'm not so sure they are any more inconsiderate than any of the other poorly trained drivers on the road. Used to be drivers would complain about these exact same things (minus religion) about Swift drivers and JB Hunt (now I'm gong way back), lol.

I've had problems with middle eastern drivers as well, but no more so than I've had with machismo drivers from south of the border. I've certainly had plenty of problems with white trash (and other colors of trash).

There was a time when you could count on the drivers in the trucks to be courteous and safe. No more, I fear. Personally, I think a lot has to do with the lack of training and the fact that new drivers are becoming trainers when they still have so much to learn. On a hypocritical note, I was trained by my husband when he was still a new driver, but he was trained for 6 weeks by a trainer who had 20 or 30 years experience and who took his job seriously.

couldnt have said it better!!!! Well spoken.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Diaperheads and Eurotrash...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That sums it up. :lol: Not sure which group can be worse.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Board Regular

Many immigrants come from places where traffic laws are largely ignored and are only "suggestions" and driving is rude, reckless and chaotic. We don't expect or demand that they assimilate properly (in fact we make it easy for them not to). So, they bring their customs with them thinking their behavior is normal, extending far beyond driving of course.
Closed Thread