LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Is It Just Me Or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist

And you expect "one of them" to accept the beating that you administer as your bountiful munificence, and not defend himself, and in the process beat the living crap out of you instead ????
:shock: "bountiful munificence!?!? Don't even mess with Graymist!

:wink:
Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Senior Board Member

wow...i thought i was gonna be a loner with my first reply about this thread being total crap!!!! good to know im not the only one who feels that way!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
wow...i thought i was gonna be a loner with my first reply about this thread being total crap!!!! good to know im not the only one who feels that way!
Your voice is appreciated!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Senior Board Member

I seen you all missed what I was trying to say.

Where I grew up you were taught what Respect was at a very young age. If you didn't learn the meaning of Respect by about the age of 12 someone taught you the hard way. You have to earn the respect of others and as long as the rag heads show no respect they sure won't get any respect from me.

You don't run someone off the road and reply "F--k You Man" A simple sorry I had a brain burp or something would satisfy me. Sorry I took so long inside and held you up at the fuel island.

99% of the drivers out there will aplogize if they screw up.

Where I pick up in LA there is usually a driver from Bosnia picking up too going to the same place I am. We usually run most of the way there together. Nicest guys you could ever meet out on the road. There are 6 of them that run for the same company.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Rookie

Wow how ignorant humans are!!!
How many times I have been cut off and waited on fuel islands ,but I have never called people names or judge them by color or religion...
Bad drivers come form all around the world so calling one group names is utter crap...
Maybe moderators should look at some of these posts .This behavior for me is nothing more than racism and ignorance.
I am from Europe , I drive truck like rest of you guys and pay my taxes sorry you are not only ones on the road .Maybe you should take cultural classes and learn how not to judge people buy their looks.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt
I seen you all missed what I was trying to say.

Where I grew up you were taught what Respect was at a very young age. If you didn't learn the meaning of Respect by about the age of 12 someone taught you the hard way. You have to earn the respect of others and as long as the rag heads show no respect they sure won't get any respect from me.

You don't run someone off the road and reply "F--k You Man" A simple sorry I had a brain burp or something would satisfy me. Sorry I took so long inside and held you up at the fuel island.

99% of the drivers out there will aplogize if they screw up.

Where I pick up in LA there is usually a driver from Bosnia picking up too going to the same place I am. We usually run most of the way there together. Nicest guys you could ever meet out on the road. There are 6 of them that run for the same company.
I've used the term 'raghead' myself, jokingly. Look at my screen name, 'lowrange', I do it to myself, too. The British call it 'taking the piss out of' someone. Ribbing them. Having fun. Joking.

You weren't joking. In fact, the OP was pretty hateful. You were judging everybody wearing a turbin by your bad experiences with a few. I can't say I've met many guys wearing a turbin, but I've yet to have trouble with any I've ever met- driving skills, attitude, anything. We could talk about the jerks I have met, however, none happened to be wearing a turbin.

Some years ago, my best friend was from India. He didn't wear a turbin, I'm not sure he ever did, but he was the nicest guy. I'm not judging people by their race or their religion. And, don't think 9/11 is an excuse to hate all Muslims, there was something much more nefarious than jihadists behind that. But, I guess many (most?) of the guys wearing turbins are actually Hindus.

If many of the guys in turbins are newer drivers, it stands to reason they will make many of the mistakes newer drivers tend to make. And, it is entirely possible that, as a whole, due to religion or whatever, that many of these guys have worse attitudes than all the rest of us. That certainly hasn't been my experience, but I'm not trying to close off that possiblility. That still doesn't justify randomly wanting to beat them. In my world, it isn't the greatest idea to stick your wee wee up some guys boo boo, you know? But that doesn't mean I want see them beaten, either. To be sure I'm clear, I surely don't.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:41 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I just saw this thread and have to agree that it walks on a razor edge. Yes, there are problems with foreign drivers...some of them pretty serious. But by the same token, there are many problems with American drivers, too. I just don't think we want to continue down this path to a full-blown race war, at least on this board.

Thanks.

Closed Thread