User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Cam I feel your pain and I miss you!

I will let you readers go crazy about the mention of missing another man!

Cam, you and I talked on the phone a couple of times when we were both facing hardships at LS.I remember being stuck in MI when I was pulling a box and you wondered why I didn't take a particular load.You also mentioned many times about how you stayed on the road a month at a time to pay off some house debt.We go way back and MIKE3,LOADIT andf a few will remember.I read this morning about my transition from container to step in the BCOFORUM.I still wish you were "here".I hated it when you left.But always remember that when you jump ship fom a "no forced dispatch system" (your pick) to something else, it is hard to make that transition.What I am saying is that if I were you and I had left my outfit, after talking to any damn recruiter, early morning when the drivers pulled up to the company I was about to sign on, I would talk to at least 5 drivers that are leased and ask them questions about the outfit.
For ex... I called Bennett 3 weeks ago to see what they offer.I did that for the heck of it.As much machinery as we do, they pay 1.75-200/mile with your own trailer.Did you think I would go sign on with them after hearing that.If I did want to go further, I would hit their drivers lounge and make friends.

2 years ago I bought a truck for 7k when i barely knew how to drive.I came on here and told my story about the truck and how I lied about my experience.Many on here laughed about my adventure and the equipment.6 months ago I bought my step and many on here thought it would be impossible for that price.I am in a position where I am doing better than 2 yrs ago when I was doing courier work with a ford E350 cargo.

Cam stay focused!I know you will make it.If you wanna be a company driver, that is fine but talk to the company drivers before you jump ship and please let them show you their paystub and deductions because many like to lie.
my 2 cents.
Good luck!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Cam I feel your pain and I miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henboy1
because many like to lie.
:shock:

A truck driver lie? Say it ain't so! You mean Steve might not really have operating costs of $1.01 per mile? You mean Bandit's Cousin might not really get $3000 FSC's?

All my hopes and dreams were shattered in that one little sentence. :cry:
Old 09-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I did get a 3000 dollar FSC. Actually, I didn't, I lied. I got more than 3Kw/ 2 LTL's I had on the tail of my van :wink:
Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
I did get a 3000 dollar FSC. Actually, I didn't, I lied. I got more than 3Kw/ 2 LTL's I had on the tail of my van :wink:
I got one FSC for $2,500+ back in June.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

No you didn't. We are both liars. It is official :lol:
Old 09-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
No you didn't. We are both liars. It is official :lol:
You're the only one who has called you a liar.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henboy1 View Post
I will let you readers go crazy about the mention of missing another man!

Cam, you and I talked on the phone a couple of times when we were both facing hardships at LS.I remember being stuck in MI when I was pulling a box and you wondered why I didn't take a particular load.You also mentioned many times about how you stayed on the road a month at a time to pay off some house debt.We go way back and MIKE3,LOADIT andf a few will remember.I read this morning about my transition from container to step in the BCOFORUM.I still wish you were "here".I hated it when you left.But always remember that when you jump ship fom a "no forced dispatch system" (your pick) to something else, it is hard to make that transition.What I am saying is that if I were you and I had left my outfit, after talking to any damn recruiter, early morning when the drivers pulled up to the company I was about to sign on, I would talk to at least 5 drivers that are leased and ask them questions about the outfit.
For ex... I called Bennett 3 weeks ago to see what they offer.I did that for the heck of it.As much machinery as we do, they pay 1.75-200/mile with your own trailer.Did you think I would go sign on with them after hearing that.If I did want to go further, I would hit their drivers lounge and make friends.

2 years ago I bought a truck for 7k when i barely knew how to drive.I came on here and told my story about the truck and how I lied about my experience.Many on here laughed about my adventure and the equipment.6 months ago I bought my step and many on here thought it would be impossible for that price.I am in a position where I am doing better than 2 yrs ago when I was doing courier work with a ford E350 cargo.

Cam stay focused!I know you will make it.If you wanna be a company driver, that is fine but talk to the company drivers before you jump ship and please let them show you their paystub and deductions because many like to lie.
my 2 cents.
Good luck!
Cam is now Lowrange, in case you didn't know. Wow, that's pretty good! I'm at a time in my life when I'm estranged from the church, living a very solitary life- I'm like that stray dog who doesn't know which way to go. (insert laughing smilie). I need somebody to say something nice to me! I came to pickup a preloaded trailer today, 47,500 lbs. I refused to pull it. I guess I'll find out Monday if I have a job!

I've been on another board talking about the heist Henry Paulson has apparently pulled on the country. If you've got to be an 'f'er, how about sticking up the country for the same amount of money as the Iraq war cost over the course of a two week period? Whatever you do, do it big, right? Anybody here follow this stuff- heard of a credit default swap? You will.

I've still got your phone number, Henry, I'll have to give you a call. Yeah, I want to get the latest, your doings and Landstar in general. Man, I'm just trying to run and I keep coming across all these snafus.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am sorry to hear things are still difficult for you, lowrange. I would encourage you to try and keep a positive attitude. We all have trials and challenges in our lives that we must over come. That is how we learn and grow stronger. I am sure things will turn around for you soon. I remember someone mentioning once that when things are difficult that God is working good things out for us.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
I came to pickup a preloaded trailer today, 47,500 lbs. I refused to pull it. I guess I'll find out Monday if I have a job!

Was that 47,500 pounds of cargo, or was the scale ticket showing a "gross" of 47,500 pounds?

That will be the difference of someone's reaction.

If there was 47,500 pounds of cargo, even in an uninsulated trailer, you would have been over weight. A day cab without pump and hydraulics would have a tough time scaling that much weight in a tank.

If it was 47,500 scale gross for the tank and product, add in 20, 500 pounds for your truck, you were right close to legal.

Either way...their not going to de-lease you over it.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Was that 47,500 pounds of cargo, or was the scale ticket showing a "gross" of 47,500 pounds?

That will be the difference of someone's reaction.

If there was 47,500 pounds of cargo, even in an uninsulated trailer, you would have been over weight. A day cab without pump and hydraulics would have a tough time scaling that much weight in a tank.

If it was 47,500 scale gross for the tank and product, add in 20, 500 pounds for your truck, you were right close to legal.

Either way...their not going to de-lease you over it.
The tare weight for whoever made the pickup was 29k something something, gross was 76k something something, product weight was 47.5k something something.

I looked back over my previous loads, and my tare ranges from about 32.5k to 33.5k. I just don't like being dumped upon, they could have told me the weight ahead of time. What incentive do I have to drive on half tanks? I mean, if I'm hauling 45k, isn't that heavy enough? I've hauled 46k, I don't care to do it, but I don't have to wonder if I'm legal. I really can't haul 80k, because the weight distribution between my drives and the trailer is off by about 500lbs. I'm still learning, but I expect over 47k would make it difficult to axle out. It seems greedy to me, I figured I wasn't going to let them put me in a spot.

As it turns out, I'm home watching football on the big screen. It would have been better to average 500/mi per day for the next three days, and to get set up for a long trip back- oh well.

I was at a consignee recently, and they wanted me to back down these railroad tracks to unload. I don't mean crosswise, I mean down the railroad tracks. I looked at it, and it had some deep, sharp edges. That turned into a long, drawn out affair. Three times I positioned my tractor to do it, and three times I thought to myself, 'this just isn't right'. Right or wrong, I had to make a decision. I finally told them they could fire me if they wanted to, I wasn't going to do it.

I don't like to play hardball all the time. Under normal circumstances, I get along with everyone and I make my deliveries on time. I'm not going to be dumped on, however. I appreciate your opinions about things, OTG, like when you tell me you don't think refusing a heavy load will cost me my lease. Sometimes I don't know if I'm right or wrong when I tell them what I will and will not do, I'm just judging things best I can realizing I'm ultimately responsible fro keeping up the truck and I'm ultimately responsible for delivering the load.