User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Northland seems to have the better rates these days. I know several people who have them.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
...You may want to look at getting your own authority. It might be easier for you to get started...
I was really hoping to avoid that avenue. :sad:

I'm not totally opposed to it, but, considering my experience, I would prefer to go the contract route and be "dispatched" and concentrate on getting my business afloat vs. adding rooting around for loads, negotiating rates, etc..etc. to the mix.

Also, while I have some capital set aside I can use for this, it's not unlimited. I haven't been able to get a solid bead on start-up costs getting own aurthority vs. just buying a truck and leasing on to someone.

I'm really hoping to pay cash for this truck. That'll help, I know. :lol:

As I've said before, I've been lurking for awhile, so, I know you'll all be glad to know that if I can't make this happen and STILL have a chunk of capital in reserve, this is a no-go for me! *See, I've been paying attention.. :wink: *

I'm putting together a plan, researching my rear off, and I've making sure I have the finances to make this work. I'm doing everything right....I hope. The ony thing I don't have is the "recent" experience. Apparently, that may become the end of this plan before it gets off the ground.

Plan #2, not my favorite plan, mind you, is to, go ahead buy the truck and let it sit..(any ideas on costs associated with that?), catch up to a school, get a refresher course, start out with one of the bottom feeder trainer outfits and get that allmighty 1 year experience that everyone wants then sign on the truck to someone decent.

Last ditch option, but, an option none the less. I'd really need to go ahead and buy my Uncle's truck. I can't pass up the deal he's offering me!!