LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
My program was free. Free is the best value. :P
Free is a very good value, and that sounds like an endorsement. I'll try that one, first.

I don't have any experience with open source software, I was just a little leery about experimenting. Does it work? I'm going to try that one first. I'm going to have to learn my way through it, it's been a long time since I've touched a spreadsheet. But, I do like the idea of setting up my own 'program' just the way I will use it.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
It seems as though you are a little above where you thought, lowrange. If you use the Trucknpro program (foglinesoftware), it will give you your actual run rate immediately upon putting in all the information. If you input the information after each load, you can see immediately how well you are doing. It is a good program. Don't forget, if you are a member of OODIA you can get 10% off, if I remember correctly.
Now I am confused. There is definitely something to be said for a program that is already set up. So you're a Trucknpro guy, too, GMAN?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Maniac how come you didn't take this load from Rose to La Porte so I wouldn't be the one waiting out this stupid hurricane?

If its the one out of Perth Amboy, you will find out when you get paid.

:dung:

I still have a few memories of the LAST time I went to Texas :wink:
Old 09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange

I don't have any experience with open source software, I was just a little leery about experimenting. Does it work? I'm going to try that one first. I'm going to have to learn my way through it, it's been a long time since I've touched a spreadsheet. But, I do like the idea of setting up my own 'program' just the way I will use it.
If you're not familiar with Excel or spreadsheets, I'd go with a pre-made one. I just like the ability to customize the program to fit my needs, but I know Excel.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
It seems as though you are a little above where you thought, lowrange. If you use the Trucknpro program (foglinesoftware), it will give you your actual run rate immediately upon putting in all the information. If you input the information after each load, you can see immediately how well you are doing. It is a good program. Don't forget, if you are a member of OODIA you can get 10% off, if I remember correctly.
Now I am confused. There is definitely something to be said for a program that is already set up. So you're a Trucknpro guy, too, GMAN?

I like the way Trucknpro is set up. It is very easy to learn and use. It was designed by an owner operator. I think that he is still leased to Landstar. It is a good program for the owner operator. It will track revenue, costs, miles, fuel, maintenance, etc., One nice feature is that it will track your paid and actual miles and give you an instant mileage rate. It is a good program for the money.