User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am glad that it is $1.25/gallon and not $1.25/mile. Yep, I guess my wife and I have had a lot happen, especially the last year. Things happen for a reason. We just keep plugging away. Fortunately, I am healthy. It was the incident with my leg that slowed me down. It has taken a long time to heal.

I am sorry to hear about your former church. Some of them get too caught up in their own doctrine than what is in the scriptures.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Lowrange...Based on your comments above, you might be interested in reading (or listening to on audiobook) this book. It is a truly extraordinary read and was quite thought provoking...I just finished it. It's about a weekend this guy spends with God (imagine trying to write THAT!!) at the cabin where his daughter was murdered.

(from amazon.com)
Quote:

Review
"The Shack" is a one of a kind invitation to journey to the very heart of God. Through my tears and cheers, I have been indeed transformed by the tender mercy with which William Paul Young opened the veil that too often separated me from God and from myself. With every page, the complicated do's and don't that distort a relationship into a religion were washed away as I understood Father, Son and Holy Spirit for the first time in my life. --Patrick M. Roddy, ABC News Emmy Award winning producer

From AudioFile
Mac is a grief-stricken father in mid-life about to have an extraordinary experience with God. His great sadness began four years ago on a weekend camping trip, when his 6-year-old daughter, Missy, was murdered. What he couldn't know then, but is about to learn, was God's purpose for Missy's death. Roger Mueller's clear, gentle voice characterizes Mac's family with high-spirited joy and laughter. His portrayal of Missy's animated excitement makes her especially believable. His polished performance of grief-stricken Mac brings tears. With empathy and sensitivity, Mueller captures the mysterious voices of those who have invited him to the now abandoned, yet transformed, cabin in the wilderness. This compelling fantasy explores themes of love, loss, and blame. G.D.W. © AudioFile 2008, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine --This text refers to the Audio CD edition.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
Lowrange...Based on your comments above, you might be interested in reading (or listening to on audiobook) this book. It is a truly extraordinary read and was quite thought provoking...I just finished it. It's about a weekend this guy spends with God (imagine trying to write THAT!!) at the cabin where his daughter was murdered.

(from amazon.com)
Quote:

Review
"The Shack" is a one of a kind invitation to journey to the very heart of God. Through my tears and cheers, I have been indeed transformed by the tender mercy with which William Paul Young opened the veil that too often separated me from God and from myself. With every page, the complicated do's and don't that distort a relationship into a religion were washed away as I understood Father, Son and Holy Spirit for the first time in my life. --Patrick M. Roddy, ABC News Emmy Award winning producer

From AudioFile
Mac is a grief-stricken father in mid-life about to have an extraordinary experience with God. His great sadness began four years ago on a weekend camping trip, when his 6-year-old daughter, Missy, was murdered. What he couldn't know then, but is about to learn, was God's purpose for Missy's death. Roger Mueller's clear, gentle voice characterizes Mac's family with high-spirited joy and laughter. His portrayal of Missy's animated excitement makes her especially believable. His polished performance of grief-stricken Mac brings tears. With empathy and sensitivity, Mueller captures the mysterious voices of those who have invited him to the now abandoned, yet transformed, cabin in the wilderness. This compelling fantasy explores themes of love, loss, and blame. G.D.W. © AudioFile 2008, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine --This text refers to the Audio CD edition.
Sounds interesting, but man, the cabin where his daughter was murdered!? Ouch!

I know of a number of modern day prophets and I wouldn't even begin to repeat some of the stories of their experiences with Jesus and with angels- mind blowing! Evidently, Jesus and all these angels are running around all over the earth doing stuff all the time and most of us have little sense of their existence. Some things in life are really, really bad. Some things in government are really, really corrupt. And yet, Jesus seems just fine, he can deal with it and his general demeanor is happy. When I think of sadness, I think of a lot of the impoverished people I saw in China. Well, the murder of a child is pretty bad, too. These nuclear weapons very well could become unleashed, even on a limited scale. Jesus is happy, there is salvation in all of this. I have to keep reminding myself of that. I wouldn't mind listening to that book.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Give it a try...it was one of the more uplifting books I've ever read. Powerful stuff!!