User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

We’ve used CLC for a few years and had some pretty good experiences. No mystery charges, no other shenanigans, and we saved a ton of money. Recently though, we’ve run into problems with getting substandard rooms. Two of the last four times we’ve used the card the rooms were outright nightmares. I don’t know if the hotels are handing out the worst rooms to CLC members or if we’ve just had bad luck, but it is something to consider.

The OOIDA program mentioned by a previous poster might be the “Wyndham Rewards" program(https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/consumer/home.). We’ve used that as well, but CLC seems to save us more money.

I like Bigmon’s idea of just working a deal with them. Makes sense if you can get to talk to somebody who has the power to play “Let’s Make a Deal.”
Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 AM

Lately they (CLC) have been putting an "approval" pending charge on my credit card when I check in to a hotel. Then, after I check out, they put another charge on my credit card. Essentially they are putting 2 pending charges on my account for each stay. The first pending "approval" charge stays on my account for up to 2 weeks and ties that money up --I cannot use the credit card. So I end up 2,000 miles from home with no credit, no money, no place to stay, no way to pay for a meal, no way to pay for fuel...... They are screwing things up for me in a very major way.

I am completely done with Corporate Lodging Card. Be very careful and alert to what they are doing when they charge you for a room!!
Also, the charges show up on my credit card literally weeks before the invoice shows up in my Corporate Lodging Card account on line.
I feel like there is something very fishy going on here.