User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

When he was telling me what the accountant would be asking for, he asked me if I had copies of tax return for 1 maybe 2 years as if maybe I was either lying to him or didn't keep any records.

What is bad about all of this, is the amount I am asking for per week: $2100.00 and so far it will be two weeks which amounts to $4200.00

He told me that they would have to take all of my Truck and Trailer expense and any payments they deem as necessary.

He then asked me if I had all of this for a year that I could fax it to them now and save some time, but that it would take several days for this to ever happen.

I told him I had all of this, but was not sure if I would fax it or see him in court.

He said whatever I wanted to do would be fine with him.

I have not been smart with them, or tried to steal from them, but they act as if I am a jerk and lying about everything. I am really disappointed in how this is turning out.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Board Regular

They are jacking you around, get help, they know your truck makes money they hope to make you give up and take a small amount.

Had a friend get hit by a Werner truck once and when he summited his downtime claim they said he couldn't make that much. His response was"I don't work for Werner" with a little help he got his money.

They want you broke and desperate, you should push to get the truck on the road first, then keep fighting for down time.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Board Regular

They called me this afternoon and requested last years Tax Return, all expenses to include fuel, insurance, tags, permits, maintenance for the past year.

Or since I could not get a rental truck they would settle for $150.00 per day with no documentation, since this is what it would have cost for a rental truck including mileage.

I told the claims adjuster to tell his people that I would settle for $350.00 per day for 11 days and sign the waiver. And that I still had to pay my insurance, tags, permits if the Truck is running or not, and that this was not right to request this.

And for me to give up my tax return would be against the privacy act, since it had my ssan as well as my wife’s since we filed together.

He told me he would get with his supervisor and the accountant Monday and let me know.

Advice or suggestions needed here. Thanks
Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Just give them a straight up price.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Board Regular

If you could have obtained a rental you would have made more than $150 a day.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Board Regular

Does anyone know where or how one would go to find a lawyer that would handle this? The claims adjuster is in Tennesse, but the accident happened in Alabama.

They called me back today and stated that unless I was willing to turn over last years tax return, and all my expenses that the original offer was all that they would offer.

I may be wrong, but I don't feel that they have any right to look at any of my tax returns, as they will use this to try and derate the figures.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.