User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I doubt if you will be able to recover the cost of gas to check on your truck, but you may be able to get reimbursed for the expense for your friend coming and delivering your load.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Senior Board Member

You should not be talking to the other insurance company at all. Not at all. Not on the phone or in person!!!! Only Progressive.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rick
Things working out GREAT so far!!! Sorry for not getting back to anyone yesterday, but was busy trying to get everything done. Here is how it is going:

She said she could send me a check for $150.00 right away and I asked her for what and she replied for pain and suffering, but that I would need to sign a medical waiver after that.

I told her she must have mistaken what I said because I was not trying to shake them down, just stating my back, shoulder and neck was sore and only stated this when I was asked.

Still have more questions, hope for some advice and help:

5. If this pain persist in my Back, Shoulder, and neck, what is the proper way to handle this?
Papa Rick,

I'm not in O/O but was in an accident last November. I can tell you this, you need to get yourself checked out. I thought I was fine until the doctors had me doing CAT and MRI scans. They found that I had a couple bulging discs in the neck that were pushing on my nerves that created pain in the neck and shoulder. For a little while it would shoot down to my hand. I had to have 2 Epidural injections stuck into my neck at the bulging disc location. I'm finally 99.9% better and can finally get back to work after 6 months.

I'm assuming that the insurance company requires you to have sometype of medical rider on your truck, if not.... the other drivers insurance should help since it's his fault..... ...use his insurance for everything and don't sign anything!

You might have said, but what type of car was he in?

As far as replacement of parts... I would think it backwards from point of damage and see what happen to your drive line when the impact occured? I would also look at the king pin, the brake cans, drive shaft seals anything that could have been knocked around. Airbags for cab/trailer?? straps for the fuel tanks. Look at the door, is it misaligned? does it squeak now?

good luck!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Board Regular

What a mess!! I have had one heck of a time getting something done. I started leaving msgs for their so called special claims adjuster that deals with semi trucks, on Fri, Mon, Tue, and yesterday. Never did get a return call so I called and asked to speak to his supervisor.

He told me that they do not even deal with semi trucks and they are based in Ohio. He assured me that he would find out who I needed to speak with and call me right back.

2 hours go by and I call Nationwide back and seek to find out who my claims rep will be, and they patch me back to the guy who was gonna call me right back. He told me he was working on it and would call me right back.

I started laughing and told him I did not believe him and was not expecting any callback from him, but he assured me he would.

2 more hours go by, I call Nationwide again and finally get a name and number of someone who is in Knoxville TN. Call that number and can not get anyone except voicemail. By this time I have had enough and leave a msg with claim number, name, date of accident and call back numbers.

Almost forgot, also left on the msg that their return call would be recorded for the pending court case that would be coming.

Called their supervisor and left the same msg with them.

WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE that made. Got a call back from the adjuster in Knoxville telling me he would be right on it and also from the supervisor of the Knoxville office who is in Memphis.

Will wait and see how this goes.

As for using my insurance Progressive, I spoke with rep and claims adjuster and both told me if he is 100% at fault then my rates should not go up.

I asked if I should go through them, and they said they would be glad to do this, but that I would have to go to court to get my deductible and lost time wages back.

So I will wait and see how it goes today, and keep posting the info.

I appreciate the advice everyone has given.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Board Regular

Things finally seem to be going in the right direction. Spoke with the claims adjuster and he told me he had wrote a check to the dealership and they were ordering parts.

I asked him if there were any problems with what the body shop had wrote up and he said no. I went up there Monday to the kw place and went over everything with the kw people and made sure we were on the same page.

Only thing now is finding out who I will talk to about my lost wages. The claims adjuster that is doing the truck part does not handle the lost wages part, but promised he would find out and return me a call with name and number either this afternoon or Monday.

I know they will not just bend over and hand to me without some proof, of which I have plenty of, but it should go better for me considering they did nothing for 1 week.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Board Regular

Time for round 4 or 5. My Truck is almost finished, the adjuster said he has no problem paying for the truck, but that they are not sure about my lost income.

They requested I send them info on this, and I did 18 Pages in all, from my settlement sheet, bank deposit slips that match the amount I was paid each week, my daily, weekly and monthly trip report.

A profit and loss statement for the month of June.

I faxed this to them on Tue and within 45 minutes of sending this to them the claims adjuster called me and told me that I would need to get a rental truck and they could not pay me for lost wages after that day.

I told him that there was no one that would rent a truck to a log hauler, and he told me that I would have to call around and get names, numbers of different companies I called and was turned down.

That was on Tuesday, called him back with the info and gave it to him. I then called his supervisor and left a msg for him to call me back.

He called back on Wed morning and told me that He had checked into this and found out that indeed I could not get a rental and that getting the lost wages was not a problem, that he would need to see the paperwork.

Then today, I have to call the claims adjuster to see what is going on and he wanted to know if I had a signed contract with the people I haul through, and I told them no that you just haul and no signed contract.

Then I was told that this is all new to them and that their accountant was trying to decide what to do??????????

I told the claims adjuster that I had payments to be made and that I did not need them to be messing around and trying to cheat me out of my money.

He told me that maybe he would hear something tommorow, but not to count on it.

I need advice on what I should do now.?????????????
Old 07-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Board Regular

Pay you friendly local lawyer to place the next call, you may be surprised how things change. Remember it's their job to give you as little as they can get you to accept.
Why should you lose anything because of their client caused you damage.
Next time they want me to rent a truck I want one with everything mine has and someone to move all my equipment in and out.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Board Regular

Thanks Heavy Duty, thought about that, but trying to avoid this if possible. The guy that hit me only had $ 25,000.00 in property damage and right now the truck is at $16,000.00, but I may have to do this as it looks as if they are wanting to try and steal my lost wages from me.

I can understand they have a job to do, but stealing is just wrong.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Board Regular

WOW just got off the phone with the supervisor to the claims adjuster and he starting telling me that I will need at least one year, maybe 2 years tax returns, a report for the maintenance expenses for the past year.

This is turning out to be one big pain and problem. It is really a shame how people treat you now.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Call your Atty and then let him call the Insurance Adjustor. Watch how fast they move to pay you then. He may only have 25K in property damage however your lost wages are covered by his Liability insurance. That should be higher than that.