User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I call that Chilrioni. Its good to Steve. Try it. It grew hair on my chest. Rev. said that it grew hair on his back though. He must have put too much spice in it. :lol:
Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Real Chili. None of that girlie pasta or beans crap...it's also low-carb.

http://www.deanesmay.com/posts/1094454361.shtml
Old 09-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP
Real Chili. None of that girlie pasta or beans crap...it's also low-carb.
Real chili isn't "low" anything.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Someone needs to invent a "low gas" chili.

:lol: :shock: :wink:
Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 AM

Just take the beans out. :wink:
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't know why I said macaroni in chili would be bad, I love macaroni and sauce so I guess it's the same thing. I do have a problem with macaroni when it's been heated up again and turns to mush.

I unloaded my prefab barn load yesterday in a really out of the way part of Chesterton, IN. It was a farming community and it was one country street after another. I was the first of something like 11 trucks in total. There are small trees, branches and leaves all over the place in the wake of my truck.

I called before hand knowing this was going to a rural place and asked if they knew for sure if I could make it, AND, could I get out. They said no problem, we widened the driveway so you can back in.

When I got there, there was another truck trying to back in. I got out, took one look and said NO F'ing WAY. They all agreed and we unloaded on the street. There wasn't any traffic at all and everyone helped so it took no time at all. I don't think I could have made it into this place 1 year ago without the experience I have now driving. You need that 6th sense that tells you to get over for the next turn or get ready to block the traffic.

After unloading I headed over to the TA in Porter, IN. I fueled up, got my truck and trailer washed and a PM done. They gave me a free coupon for a steak dinner which wasn't bad at all.

Went back to my truck and got on the load boards and just about had a stroke trying to figure out where to go next. There was 800 loads within a 100 mile radius of me. So now I'm freaking out cause the day is wasting away and finally threw in the towel, calmed down and looked for a load for the next day.

I got a load of flat steel heading back to NH again and possibly have another barn load coming back at the end of this week. I'm sure this is going to be a pain loading up this morning in Chicago then trying to do 400 miles today and 600 the next. I'm trying to deliver on Wed so I can head home and be ready to head out on Thursday morning.

It's good money on the average going back and forth between NH and IL/IN but just not sure it's worth it. You're lucky to do 2 loads a week with a total of 2,000 miles. This wasn't my plan. I was going to head out on a long run from here with a $2.50 per mile run but those damn NH runs kept coming up.

I'm wondering why they pay crap to go to Texas. They all seem to be around $1.50 per mile. Texas isn't like a mega capital of freight and it's spread out all over the place. There was a few heading to Oregon but they weren't loading until the end of the week and I didn't want to sit around for them.

So there is a lot of freight for sure in this area but 99% seems to only run 500 miles or so. With a van maybe it works better but with a flatbed your lucky to get setup and loaded in a full day which ends up with 2 loads a week and maybe getting loaded for the 3rd.

When all is said and done your doing 2.5 loads per week at $3.00 per mile and 1,250 miles for a total of $3,750. You can hold out for $3.50 or $4.00 per mile but then your 2.5 loads per week drops down to 2 or less.

Lots of traffic, lots of pot holes, waiting, lines and tough places to get in and out of. Just not worth it in my opinion and I think I'll do the plan I had in mind next time out.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
Went back to my truck and got on the load boards and just about had a stroke trying to figure out where to go next. There was 800 loads within a 100 mile radius of me.
Get a step or RGN and you won't have this problem. Flats are for kids.

Quote:
I'm sure this is going to be a pain loading up this morning in Chicago then trying to do 400 miles today and 600 the next..
Did you just post that on an open forum?

Quote:
I'm wondering why they pay crap to go to Texas. They all seem to be around $1.50 per mile. Texas isn't like a mega capital of freight and it's spread out all over the place.
Because it's warm and sunny there.

Quote:
I think I'll do the plan I had in mind next time out.
What is the plan anyway?

BTW, I was almost in NH yesterday. Went to North Troy, VT and back. Talk about a circuitous route. Didn't feel like hauling 80,000 lbs up that mountain between Richford and North Troy so I crossed into the US at Derby, VT. Then I decided going through downtown Newport on RT 5 was a bad plan so that added more miles. Then I stopped off and had supper at my brother-in-law's place in QC. At the end of it all I only got 584 miles logged. Felt like a day off.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
What is the plan anyway?
His plan was to run cheap freight a really long way, and somehow do better in the process.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Senior Board Member

I looked at RGN loads out of Chicago yesterday and there was about 35 in a 100 mile radius. I look for Danny (Ash-Ca-La) who's in Iraq.

I did my 400 yesterday and have 700 to do today. I can knock off 100 miles of that and go a different route but it's a tough pull and takes the same amount of time. I'm getting an early start today and we'll see. They really need this stuff so I'll give it a shot.

My plan is to keep running. Like I've said before, if use not running use not making da money.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
Like I've said before, if use not running use not making da money.

CRE would love you.
Closed Thread