User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't think you'd do too well, but its a great idea for those that may need that kind of service, maybe a small fleet?

If I have to call you for motel reservations, I could make the call myself. Plus, I ask questions like truck parking and local services entertainment.

Keeping track of my reciepts would mean I'd have to send them to you and trust you'll keep them safe. Its one thing if my house catches on fire, and quite another when your's would. Although a wild scenario, you see my point.

With online bill payments, my GPS (finds motels, truckstops, post offices, etc) this wouldn't work for me, and many others.

Hope this gives you insight to modify your services (potentailly) offered and pricing.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smommyof3
If you want something done write, do it yourself.
right :roll:

I will echo Big Diesel's comments. I wouldn't by choice trust any aspect of my business to someone with such horrible grammar. After all, if you can't grasp that simple concept, how can you be expected to grasp more complex ones?

For the record, if your Uncle pays someone $100 per month to do that stuff, he is getting ripped off.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Board Regular

Well i think with a lot of technology avaiable this can benefit drivers too.I helped one time a almost 60 year old trucker set up his laptop for wifi in a truck stop, so you can imagine that almost anybody can use tech to their benefit.

In my personal experience i carry a laptop with a sprint network card and this does all my business.Faxing is done through my email and blackberry and in don't even use the truck stop fax service since i take a photo copy of my BOLs and send them by fax or email to brokers.

So, i really don't think the need for such service would high.But you never know,right ? :?:
Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smommyof3
the fact that you can't handle what little criticism the drivers on here handed you should be proof enough that you are not thick skinned enough to deal with drivers. As for collage grads you probably should watch making comments like that. there are plenty of people who went to collage and then chose to drive a truck. sorry not all truck drivers are stupid and most can spot a scam a mile away. for what ever reason people seem to think that drivers make an easy target. honestly there are companies and people out there that can do all of what you are offering and they can do it better, cheaper and have experience.

I didn't mean to imply that truckers are stupid, I was actually meaning that I did not go to collage. Like I said before my uncle drives a truck and he is if I haven’t said before one of the smartest people I know. I look up to him a great deal. I am looking for something that I can do from home, and get off all the aids that I have. I want to be independent. I want to make something of myself. That I can be proud of. I don't think that is such a bad thing. I thank all of you for your help.
Have a nice day.
The term "O/O" generally refers to a truck owner/driver that sub-contracts with a large carrier. The carrier takes care of all the bookkeeping for them.
You would have to target Independents ( those who have their own authority and find their own loads) .
Bookkeepers who work for Independents are highly specialized. If you know very little about trucking, the learning curve is STEEP.

Go to google and do a search on "Rex Evilsizor ". This will give you an idea on what kind of services you would have to offer.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Senior Board Member

[/quote]smommyof3

Quote:
good luck on whatever business veture you pursue.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Senior Board Member

If your uncle is the one who gave you the idea & he pays someone to take care of his paperwork e.t.c. then why dont you start with your uncle & work for him & get some experience & knowledge as to the demand of this type of work??