User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default little green sticker

Well, I got pulled by a Tn patrol yesterday . He said the reason he pulled
me was my tag on the front of my truck was sorta crooked. Actually , I had stepped on it several times while strapping cars on the top carrier
and the bolt fell off so I used a plastic tie the hold it on till I could get the right size bolt.( just happened the day before ) Anyway he said that was fine but said he might as well do an inspection . So he did a level 1 and I passed , so I got me a little green sticker on my windshield. Gee, being that I need several good inspections , I might just leave that tag a "sorta crooked " :lol:
Old 03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Default Re: little green sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Younce
So he did a level 1 and I passed , so I got me a little green sticker on my windshield. Gee, being that I need several good inspections , I might just leave that tag a "sorta crooked " :lol:
Ah, life is good!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Board Regular

Congrats on the no violation inspection.

Drivers don't realize that little things like crooked license plates, tool box doors sagging or open, etc. tend to attract the eye of the DOT officer, often times leading to inspections. The best your truck "LOOKS" to the naked eye, the least likely you are to attract the weary eye of the bored inspector.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Board Regular

thebaldeagle655 wrote:

" Drivers don't realize that little things like crooked license plates, tool box doors sagging or open, etc. tend to attract the eye of the DOT officer, often times leading to inspections. The best your truck "LOOKS" to the naked eye, the least likely you are to attract the weary eye of the bored inspector."

I have quickly learned what you posted is exactly right. Even when I was fixin the tag with the makeshift tie , I was thinking , "will this be a red flag?" . I joked about leaving it crooked but I will fix it properly , no need to invite possible trouble. I am sure I will get plenty of chances for more inspections. BTW, I have in the past learned that patrolmen seem to always take a second look at anything tag related, I once was pulled for having two different bolts on a tag ( one short , one long) . The officer said it seemed like I may have switched tags from another car . They are always on the look out for swapped or stolen tags it seems.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Board Regular

thebaldeagle655 wrote:

" Drivers don't realize that little things like crooked license plates, tool box doors sagging or open, etc. tend to attract the eye of the DOT officer, often times leading to inspections. The best your truck "LOOKS" to the naked eye, the least likely you are to attract the weary eye of the bored inspector."

I have quickly learned what you posted is exactly right. Even when I was fixin the tag with the makeshift tie , I was thinking , "will this be a red flag?" . I joked about leaving it crooked but I will fix it properly , no need to invite possible trouble. I am sure I will get plenty of chances for more inspections. BTW, I have in the past learned that patrolmen seem to always take a second look at anything tag related, I once was pulled for having two different bolts on a tag ( one short , one long) . The officer said it seemed like I may have switched tags from another car . They are always on the look out for swapped or stolen tags it seems.
Board Regular

thebaldeagle655 wrote:

Board Regular

thebaldeagle655 wrote:

Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Board Regular

You are right , it would be a red flag . I once got pulled in my car for having two different bolts ( one long, one short) on a tag. The officer said
it is a sign of a switched or stolen tag .
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Board Regular

You are right , it would be a red flag . I once got pulled in my car for having two different bolts ( one long, one short) on a tag. The officer said
it is a sign of a switched or stolen tag .