User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Who is getting robbed of their Fuel Surcharges??

I believe ALL the fuel surcharge should be paid to the driver. What brokers and companies are taking some of the money?? What can be done to get the cash you deserve to offset your fuel costs?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Senior Board Member

What can be done? Don't haul for less than what it takes to pay for fuel and make a profit. Also, don't pull for a carrier that doesn't have a realistic fuel surcharge.

The carrier I am with is paying (not just getting) .50 a mile fuel surcharge. Been going up weekly with the rise in the national average. That is in line with what is being discussed on the late night XM trucking shows. There are a few (very few) carriers that are paying even more than that. I guess a total package that a carrier is providing would need to be looked at to make an accurate judgement on if they were compensating properly.