User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Can we have an ahmen to that

Can we have an ahmen to that....... I agree!

Also when a volcanoe erupts that is spewing crap into the atmosphere, just another of mother natures way of talking it all up.

I also believe that oil is a renewable source and that is constantly being made deep in the earth. We will never run out of it like salt water is to the ocean.....

A friend of mine that is a physisist (sic) said so and I believe him......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
If one really looks to call one's self green or even an conservator of the environment I'd suggest they get away from the media hype and truly research the topic of "green house" and air polution.

Water vapour accounts for more the half (depending on the study) of the cause for the "green house effect" that IS NOT yet proven.... Just because Al Gore and other talking heads say it is so doesn't mean that is it.

Right now has just become popularized to call yourself green. It is a fade,
I myself love the environment and fight against unneccesarily abusing it. But Carbon and other populates are trace gases and water vapour is the largest source of polutants. Check it out for yourself and don't rely on other with an agenda to inform you.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

There are many other sources of this data... Dont take my word for it either Who the heck am I? I am certainly not a paid actor(hypocrite).... with milllions to spend pushing my views on others.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I am going to buy an air car. The one that runs on air. They are working on a generator to run a compressor to refuel the air tanks. You would then be able to run forever on air. Only downfall is no heat in the winter. Anybody see the tv show on them. They look like golf carts.
That's my green.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/picture/32542/
Old 03-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

What about the companies that use animal products in their Bio-Diesel? what is you opinion on this? could my truck get Madcow from this?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Bad Bio and your car will drive erratically and put itself into the rue-barb with madcow :P
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Rookie

Yes I have....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman82
I am going to buy an air car. The one that runs on air. They are working on a generator to run a compressor to refuel the air tanks. You would then be able to run forever on air. Only downfall is no heat in the winter. Anybody see the tv show on them. They look like golf carts.
That's my green.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/picture/32542/
Old 03-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Can we have an ahmen to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty

Also when a volcanoe erupts that is spewing crap into the atmosphere, just another of mother natures way of talking it all up.

I also believe that oil is a renewable source and that is constantly being made deep in the earth. We will never run out of it like salt water is to the ocean.....

Quote:
If one really looks to call one's self green or even an conservator of the environment I'd suggest they get away from the media hype and truly research the topic of "green house" and air polution.

Water vapour accounts for more the half (depending on the study) of the cause for the "green house effect" that IS NOT yet proven.... Just because Al Gore and other talking heads say it is so doesn't mean that is it.

I myself love the environment and fight against unneccesarily abusing it. But Carbon and other populates are trace gases and water vapour is the largest source of polutants. Check it out for yourself and don't rely on other with an agenda to inform you.

There are many other sources of this data... Dont take my word for it either Who the heck am I? I am certainly not a paid actor(hypocrite).... with milllions to spend pushing my views on others.

Well said! I agree!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Can we have an ahmen to that and more

I am buying a centrifuge to make my bio diesel really really clean. A ten micron is fine, but I want to make it even cleaner if possible.

Use a tied blue jeans pant leg for a strainer if you have to.... don't walk around naked in lew of clean fuel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty

Quote:

Well said! I agree!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member

I'll be making bio-diesel this spring. Got any good plans for a easy home-brew system? I can't seem to find anyone near me for advice. Slowly gathering information off the internet...very time consuming, but interesting.
I'd rather not scour the land for used cooking oil, but am looking to buy veggie oil in bulk. Any good companies out there selling bulk?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Senior Board Member

You "Hobby" fuel refiners are cute. :lol: :lol:

Try making enough fuel to operate a truck profitably...then tell us how you do!

Don't dump your waste products from making bio-diesel into your city sewer system either..it passes through the system without being cleaned..enters the eqo-system you are trying to protect, then kills tens of thousands of fish.

http://newsdemocratjournal.stltoday....-fish0.ii1.txt

Quote:
DE SOTO: Officials warn of biodiesel hazards
By-products of fuel can kill fish

By Sarah AuBuchon
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:18 PM CDT

A huge fish kill last summer in a De Soto stream has spurred city officials to educate people on a potential hazard of making their own biodiesel fuel.

Biodiesel, a renewable energy fuel made with lye, methanol and vegetable oil, costs around 70 cents a gallon and can be made at home. With diesel prices inching up to $4 per gallon, De Soto Public Works Director Kevin Warden thinks more people could soon be brewing the stuff in their garage.

"Biodiesel is very easy to make," Warden said. "You can use soybean oil or vegetable oil, and it's biodegradable and nontoxic. I saw a video on the Internet where someone was actually drinking the stuff."The problem doesn't lie in making biodiesel, Warden said, but from its by-product, crude glycerin, also known as crude glycerol.

Lance Dorsey, Missouri Discharge Management Resource Quality Assurance state coordinator, said crude glycerin by itself is relatively harmless, but when it gets into a stream, it kills fish.

"Milk and molasses will do the same thing," he said. "It depletes the oxygen the fish breathe and that's what kills the fish, invertebrates and even the microbes in the wastewater treatment plant that help break down the wastewater."

More than 4,000 fish were killed in Joachim Creek in August after the by-product somehow got into the city's sewer system. Warden said there are hundreds of Web sites and videos on the Internet that show people how to make biodiesel, but none of them explain the hazards of dumping crude glycerin.

"Spike TV had a video of their show 'Trucks' on 'YouTube' and the gentleman was showing people how to make (biodiesel)," he said. "He told people to throw it away. You just don't do that."

The Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has several recommendations for disposing of crude glycerin properly.

One way is to mix it with sawdust and then haul it to the landfill.

"Don't just put it in the trash can," Warden said. "It could cause spontaneous combustion at the landfill."

Crude glycerin may also be used in livestock feed, but Warden recommends calling the DNR for amounts. It can also be burned in a cement kiln or even sold on the Internet.

"There are hundreds of uses for it," Warden said. "It's used in toothpaste, cosmetics and soap. You can sell it, but the market is so saturated right now that it's only going for one or two cents a gallon."

While making biodiesel is legal, people caught dumping crude glycerin could face fines, Warden said. The city recently had to pay $2,891 to the DNR for the August fish kill.

"Since biodiesel is legal to make in an individual's home, as long as it's not sold for profit, it is critical that anyone who is making it or planning to make it must contact City Hall," Warden said.

Warden said the city is taking precautions to help prevent another fish kill.

"We bought a $5,000 ph monitor that will tell us if the ph changes in the water," he said. "Hopefully this will allow us to respond faster."

The city also bought video cameras to monitor the sewage treatment plant.

"The last time it happened, the water turned white when it hit," he said.

Dorsey said both the DNR and the Environmental Protection Agency are working on fact sheets related to biodiesel and crude glycerin.

For more information on crude glycerin and its disposal, call Dorsey at 573-522-4506, or Warden at 636-586-2499.

For more information on biodiesel, visit the National Biodiesel Board Web site at www.biodiesel.org.
I'm just sayin.....and I wouldn't drink nuthin ya made in yer garage either. 8)