User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Insurance to cover Newbie CDL Teaming

Progressive or Aequicap, one or the other, gives me an idea here. If I could drive team with an O/O, and learn the trade the right way, instead of playing more games with these meat-grinder large carriers, I would be willing to pay for the extra insurance to cover lil ole me, out of my earnings, even if that didn't leave much left. This girl ain't gonna quit, you see. I'm also good on the phone, handling paperwork, and all that AWFUL stuff. But somebody's gotta do it. I'm a professional, no addictions, no baggage, and no kids. Prefer it if you're a happily married driver, as I'm no lizard.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ya, but can you cook a pot roast using only the engine heat?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Steve, I think you should try that. Wrap it in foil, seal it up real good so the moisture stays in. Put it in the engine compartment, and it will take a long cross country trip to cook as the temp will be lower then an oven. Let us know how you make out.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman82
Steve, I think you should try that. Wrap it in foil, seal it up real good so the moisture stays in. Put it in the engine compartment, and it will take a long cross country trip to cook as the temp will be lower then an oven. Let us know how you make out.
I tried that but it didn't work out so well. I sealed it up real good then stuck my blowby hose in there to simulate a convection oven. The meat just didn't taste right, I had a mean headache but I slept great for 2 days straight!!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Senior Board Member

LOL! :lol:
Old 02-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Default Delicious Smell

Hey Steve - Good Question!

But even foil tends to leak around the edges. FIRST, put that yummy roast, wrapped up with onions, carrots, celery, and small potatoes, in one of those plastic oven baking sacks, to seal everything in nice and secure. THEN, wrap the whole thing in foil. Then, make a wire basket to hang the whole thing in under the hood.

By the time you get to the Travel Plaza (formerly known as a truckstop), the aroma will be overpowering.

Reminds me of a guy who tried to tell me he ran his old classic Lincoln Town Car on used cooking oil he picked up free at restaurant chains. He said everywhere he drove, people went crazy from the smell of French fries.

Now, how about a serious answer to my insurance question? YOU know all the answers from what I see on this board.

Shebear
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Rookie
Default Try this place

I just got covered by Great west casuality out of south sioux city,nebraska,they are a big company,good insurance. ph.402-494-2411
They have a website too,check into that. I am a new grain hauler and i have million dallar liability,load coverage,un insured and underinsured,load dumped in wrong location,collison and so on.Give em a try.Mine was about $3700 a year.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Board Regular

My agent told me that rates only went down according to how long your business had been insured. That how long you had your license or had been driving for other companies didn't affect the rates of a single truck/single driver company. Like I thought he was saying that the start up rates were the same start up rates regardless of your experience at other companies, and that the rate only depended on your dmv record and what insurance you wanted to buy. I have wondered if we had a miscommunication or if that is the way it works.