Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
My preliminary numbers for 07 are showing a little higher than $188k and my reported miles are 104,317. You can make money with your own authority, just do not rely on brokers or follow the SteveBooth plan of profitability.
Big D, you know I know nothing basically and am just trying to figure things out. So with that said, I have been wondering what type of miles and revenue I should be producing for the year.

A quick question, really 2 of them. Is the 104,317 miles all the miles on the truck including say a trip to the shop when you are home? I mean is that every single mile on the truck?

Also if I'm not mistaken, you have 2 trucks. Were both trucks at about the same rate/ mileage?

Thanks
Miles are IFTA reported and have not got the numbers back on my other truck. But I can tell you that the W2 for the driver reported $ 54,271 for 2007.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry Big D, but could you clarify IFTA reported? I mean at the beginning I wasn't reporting personal miles then I was told that I wasn't supposed to do that. More miles equals better MPG
Old 01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
Sorry Big D, but could you clarify IFTA reported? I mean at the beginning I wasn't reporting personal miles then I was told that I wasn't supposed to do that. More miles equals better MPG
Miles reported for IFTA... Personal miles i.e. shop etc.... were under 250. My miles are revenue only...
Old 01-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks BigD. I can see mine are more than 250, but it's not like I'm galavanting but taking truck to shop etc seems to add up. But month by month I am learning how to make this more efficient.

Thanks again.