User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 12:05 AM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default XM trucking show...

Anyone listen to Kevin Rutherford on XM ?? I found it interesting at first, but now it is more infomercial than anything else. He has a site for " O/O's" (or who think they are) all blabbering how much they make. :lol:
Old 12-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Actually I'm quite active on there as well.

Some good convos, but mostly newbie type questions. I just want to punch myself every time a caller calls in asking about his sweet spot.

I've called in a couple times even.

He's taught me quite a few things. Specs being one of them, I was totally clued out before I started listening to him. I didn't realize direct drives are more efficient.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Just for the record, most of the commercials aren't his. The commercials at the beginning, middle, and end of the show are XM's. They're on no matter what show is on.

The only commercials that are his are usually at the 15 and 45 minute mark. He usually runs one. So that's two per show.

He does push the turbo3000 a lot, and that ticks me off.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:34 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh

He does push the turbo3000 a lot, and that ticks me off.

I have registered there , never posted anything.

The Turbo3000 is the biggest joke and scam I have seen. Those who buy it deserve to lose their money on that thing. :lol:
Old 12-29-2007, 06:31 AM
Rookie

I've listened to his show and can't stand it when somebody calls in and can't even talk with saying uh a thousand times or has to tell some long story. Say something intelligent and to the point. I about can't even listen to Dave Nemo anymore. The people that call in there, especially when he has that tax guy on are clueless. As for the Turbo 3000, how is that supposed to work? How can something that small affect anything? If it is so good, why don't the penny pinching fleets use it? I get tired of hearing the same commercials over and over. I also get tired of those Onstar commercials, always so negative, tired of hearing people waller over the phone. Just ranting.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Board Regular

If he wasn't so popular as a host and the show sucked then you'd have the show cancelled by now. However, the show is on 7 days a week now and not the 2 days a week it used to be. So obviously the show is popular and yea some of the callers that call in are dumb and I think he purposely hangs up on callers if the call is going no where and says "oh we lost you there."

I've learnt a lot about being an O/O and I don't even want to be one. If I did I'd know what to do. You learn from other people's mistakes. Also, I think Kevin Rutherford has a lot of credibility compared to some of the people that post on this forum and others. He's been in the business for over twenty years and makes money doing it.