User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Recent Grad looking for O/O trainer

Wondering if any O/O ever seek recent graduate for team driving. I am looking for some real good training. Very flexible on hometime, no dependants. Mature, responsible, cleancut, very good health and very polite.
Any questions? Any answers?

Creek
Old 12-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Board Member

I would say the problem with that would be the O/O ins most likley will not insure you. You would need at least 2+ years exp for most ins comanies to insure you on an O/O truck.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Rookie

and not to mention the fact that F.N.G.'S tend to tear the shit out of equipment( at least in my line of trucking) ive seen alot of guys come and go, and break alot of shit along the way ...rears, drive lines blowed up engines, trannys over revve's and the list goes on. most O/O's want you to have REAL exp.when it comes to running the equip. at least 4 yrs driving, and driving offroad in the mud and snow and NOT tear up the tires that cost 200 a copy, or spin the drive line at the yoke that'll costya 750 buks! takes real know how, etc....................get the picture??just cuz you graduated doesnt mean you have exp. in the buss. my friend. No offense im not baggin on ya just tellin ya like it is, work with CRST, or prime CFI etc. and get some windshield time. Then come back in a year or 3 and try to sign on with an O/O just my 2cts.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 379socalPeTe
and not to mention the fact that F.N.G.'S tend to tear the $&!+ out of equipment( at least in my line of trucking) ive seen alot of guys come and go, and break alot of $&!+ along the way ...rears, drive lines blowed up engines, trannys over revve's and the list goes on. most O/O's want you to have REAL exp.when it comes to running the equip. at least 4 yrs driving, and driving offroad in the mud and snow and NOT tear up the tires that cost 200 a copy, or spin the drive line at the yoke that'll costya 750 buks! takes real know how, etc....................get the picture??just cuz you graduated doesnt mean you have exp. in the buss. my friend. No offense im not baggin on ya just tellin ya like it is, work with CRST, or prime CFI etc. and get some windshield time. Then come back in a year or 3 and try to sign on with an O/O just my 2cts.
Hey, I understand, I really do. Just testing the waters.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Rookie

you got it brotha!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
I would say the problem with that would be the O/O ins most likley will not insure you. You would need at least 2+ years exp for most ins comanies to insure you on an O/O truck.

tootie

My ins. company will insure a codriver as long as they have a cdl and I am in the jumpseat whenever they are driving if they have no recent experience. As a solo driver though they want at least 3 years.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Mature, responsible, cleancut, very good health and very polite.

thats the problem.. your over qualified. most o/o are overweight, rude, sloppy,not cleancut, e.t.c. lol. :lol: j/k just some humor here. if you were near me i'd be happy to let ya tag along & learn..
Old 12-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
Mature, responsible, cleancut, very good health and very polite.

thats the problem.. your over qualified. most o/o are overweight, rude, sloppy,not cleancut, e.t.c. lol. :lol: j/k just some humor here. if you were near me i'd be happy to let ya tag along & learn..
Where you at heavyhaulerss?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Rookie

ATTN YOU O/O's

Creek's post really bears looking at, and I'm glad that there are some companies anyway that will look at a recent graduate to team with one of the experts.

Now me, for example - I would like to be treated like a lady and a real pal, with no strings attached. I want a new career for myself, that's all, and I have no baggage except what I stow on the shelf.

Best of all, from your perspective, this CDL lady with zip experience will team-drive WITHOUT PAY, and that little detail just has to be between you and me and the steering wheel. I am looking for a MATURE and SOLVENT, legitimate O/O, and he can just look after covering insurance, my two meals a day plus coffee breaks, and no less than twice weekly showers. He or she must have a good attitude, and no demands for 'special privileges' -- in that regard, I have a note from the doctor. Now that does NOT affect my license to drive, only my license to mess up. Glad that part of life is all over with.

I truly mean it. I'll drive WITHOUT PAY, or YOU CAN POCKET WHATEVER. I just need a good solid year of driving on my record. And I have no 'home time' requirements. CDL out of Missouri.

Do you folks realize what an INSANE ASYLUM rookie drivers are going through now with the big companies?

Creek and I are trying to find a better way.

As for me, I'm friendly, upbeat, and a smiley person. I also like dogs and cats, but yours, not mine for now.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabhappygal
ATTN YOU O/O's

Creek's post really bears looking at, and I'm glad that there are some companies anyway that will look at a recent graduate to team with one of the experts.

Now me, for example - I would like to be treated like a lady and a real pal, with no strings attached. I want a new career for myself, that's all, and I have no baggage except what I stow on the shelf.

Best of all, from your perspective, this CDL lady with zip experience will team-drive WITHOUT PAY, and that little detail just has to be between you and me and the steering wheel. I am looking for a MATURE and SOLVENT, legitimate O/O, and he can just look after covering insurance, my two meals a day plus coffee breaks, and no less than twice weekly showers. He or she must have a good attitude, and no demands for 'special privileges' -- in that regard, I have a note from the doctor. Now that does NOT affect my license to drive, only my license to mess up. Glad that part of life is all over with.

I truly mean it. I'll drive WITHOUT PAY, or YOU CAN POCKET WHATEVER. I just need a good solid year of driving on my record. And I have no 'home time' requirements. CDL out of Missouri.

Do you folks realize what an INSANE ASYLUM rookie drivers are going through now with the big companies?

Creek and I are trying to find a better way.

As for me, I'm friendly, upbeat, and a smiley person. I also like dogs and cats, but yours, not mine for now.
CabHappy,

I can not believe that you are not getting some bites on your offer. Or maybe you are, but just not the right ones.
Good luck to you!