User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperS25
The problem is I dont want it sitting in someones "terminal" that may just be a gravel lot in the middle of a crappy neighbor hood in chicago while they go around picking up enough cars to make a load. I want it to stay at the dealers indoor garage until its on the truck. I dont mind waiting for it. I may just fly up there and get it myself if I cant find a reliable driver. The dealer has a few leads on some local drivers who do this, that may put it on their truck on their way to michigan then down to florida or something.
I never understand people who are afraid of terminals. I'd rather have my car sit at a terminal than be loaded and unloaded 50 times before the 9 other cars are picked up. This is auto transport industry standard! Do you think your mazda is the only car being transported on the truck? If youre afraid of damage then drive it yourself, you're not dealing with a Lotus ya know...

Quote:
Any comments are welcome. Any bashing of me is not.
Sorry

Trukz - A trucking simulation game www.trukz.com
Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Anyone ever ship a car

Quote:
I am looking for advice on getting a car shipped to me. It seems many websites I look at for quotes are brokers? I saw a u ship website that may or may not get me a carrier. I think brokers bid on that too.
The car ships from chicago area to me here in bristol, tn area.
Im not looking to ship it for 200.00 but Im not looking to pay 2000.00 either. I also dont want to go through a broker who may or may not pay the driver enough to treat my car with white gloves. Any comments are welcome. Any bashing of me is not.
OK

You said it's drive-able ??? If you don't get it moved I'm going from Paris, ILL to Atlanta Ga at the end of Dec with my Truck n trailer to do a out of frame on the engine . I might be able to help you for 600$ . Let me know. My trailer will be empty and your car could sit in my metal building until I head that way . I have phone number 914-822-0501 but call early early in the morning state-side time.

STAY SAFE

Dan Kupke
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Senior Board Member

I am in Iowa

I would be willing to drive your car to Bristol and my wife follow me in our car.

We have been wanting to see the Speedway in Lights for years. We have been to every race there for the last 10 years.

The only downside is we only have Thanksgiving though Sunday off work. It's about a 14 hour drive from our house to Bristol. Chicago is 5 hours from us.

I can provide references if needed.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

i`ve got a step deck load heading east in december and i`ve got ramps it can drive up as long as its not too low, i`ll have about 14 feet of space on the back if the car will fit.

i`d do it for 900$ and you`d have it three days after pickup, it`d be going to PA so I can see my sister for a day after unload then i`d run it down to bristol on my way to houma LA.

www.trukz.com
Old 11-25-2007, 12:18 AM

Thanks for the offers. I was able to find an owner operatorto deliver it to me for 450.00 on the day after thanksgiving. Aparrently he has an auction house in bristol and had 5 cars on a 6 car hauler and would rather make a few extra bucks than drive it back to bristol with an empty spot. Nice fellow. He even but it on top. However he did make me go to the main road to pick it up. Not like he couldnt get it in the narrowly wide neighbor hood street.