User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Well, lets just say we agree to disagree. My insurance agent thinks different about all this and she finds it very amusing.

I would like to see some specific cases where the insurance companies just said screw it and left the driver holding the bag even though they had insurance. If this were the case then nobody would ever get paid for a claim on ANYTHING!!!

There are no exclusions in my policy plus I have wetness coverage. The last load of onions I took I crossed out "Protect from freezing" and they agreed at the shipper. That is out of my hands with a flatbed.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Mike, are you ok?

Seeing that you're not running and all...

PS
Ill use u first, if u start this thing..
Old 11-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am OK, Dejanh. I appreciate your asking. My wife has has some health issues and I have had to stay close to home. She hasn't been able to travel for a while and needs someone around most of the time. That is one reason that I have been thinking about the dispatch service. I appreciate your wanting to come aboard if I decide to pursue this. I still have a couple of things to check on before I make a final decision. It is looking as though this might be a good way to stay busy and earn some money in the mean time. Keeping trucks moving with good paying freight is very time consuming. I just don't want to start something that I can't do a good job. It would not be fair to me or the carrier. If I do the dispatch then it will be difficult for me to drive and do a good job dispatching. There are just a couple of details to work out before making the decision as to whether to proceed. It would help if I could find a good driver for my truck. Good drivers with decent MVR's are difficult to find. I have lost a good amount of freight due to not being able to travel this season. If you know of a good driver anywhere near me let me know.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I am OK, Dejanh. I appreciate your asking. My wife has has some health issues and I have had to stay close to home. She hasn't been able to travel for a while and needs someone around most of the time. That is one reason that I have been thinking about the dispatch service. I appreciate your wanting to come aboard if I decide to pursue this. I still have a couple of things to check on before I make a final decision. It is looking as though this might be a good way to stay busy and earn some money in the mean time. Keeping trucks moving with good paying freight is very time consuming. I just don't want to start something that I can't do a good job. It would not be fair to me or the carrier. If I do the dispatch then it will be difficult for me to drive and do a good job dispatching. There are just a couple of details to work out before making the decision as to whether to proceed. It would help if I could find a good driver for my truck. Good drivers with decent MVR's are difficult to find. I have lost a good amount of freight due to not being able to travel this season. If you know of a good driver anywhere near me let me know.
Define "near" !!!! :lol:
Old 11-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Preferably about 200 miles, Stan. I just like to see my equipment every now and then. I might consider someone farther away if they live in a fairly decent freight lane. I have had a problem a couple of times with drivers living out of traffic lanes getting home. With fuel costs being so high, I don't want to get into too much deadhead to get them home. You know someone?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Preferably about 200 miles, Stan. I just like to see my equipment every now and then. I might consider someone farther away if they live in a fairly decent freight lane. I have had a problem a couple of times with drivers living out of traffic lanes getting home. With fuel costs being so high, I don't want to get into too much deadhead to get them home. You know someone?
LOL..I was thinking of my brother..but he lives here in TX !!! LOL..I don't even know if he ever went to Tennessee when he was stationed at fort Knox! He is driving flatbed for ACE Transportation right now...but doing way to much sitting.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Where does he live in TX? How much experience does he have in trucks and flats? We go to Texas some, but rates have been pretty bad down there lately. If he is interested in making a change, has at least 2 years experience and a good MVR we could talk.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Where does he live in TX? How much experience does he have in trucks and flats? We go to Texas some, but rates have been pretty bad down there lately. If he is interested in making a change, has at least 2 years experience and a good MVR we could talk.
LOL..he lives here in Orange, like I do. He is 2 years older than me...52 now...and has been driving truck since he was 17. First truck was a 68 KW hauling logs out of the mountains of Montana. He did spend 4 years in the army....MP. Also did a stint as a mechanic.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:00 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I would say that it depends in part how frequently he needs to get home. We do have some freight we can get out of Houston. I am not sure about the rates right now. If he is interested in making a change we can at least talk about it. I can send you my number if he is interested.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 AM

Mike, I'm not sure what's stopping you right now from dispatching people. You don't need to do anything other than get on the phone. They could send you a check worst case. My point is, you can start right now without needing anything at all. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get all the drivers you can handle just from word of mouth on here.

I wonder where my next load will come from on Dec 5th while I sit at home in Merrimack NH ??????????????????