User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Good to hear from you Merrick, I'm with you on the DH from Florida. I have been watching the boards for about a year now, and Florida South of Jax. is a dead zone.
When are you going to try it yourself?,..or have you and didn't like the way it turned out?,...I still think you can do better.
But don't take my word for it,.....I'm still at home :roll: :roll: :lol:
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

No I did try it myself and I got the best load and pay I've had yet. But I couldn't get no internet out in Idaho and I called them again and that's how I ended up in Florida (and to be honest the quick $4500 from CH made me take it. I'm paying for that now). I had a long talk with my friend and he was all upset saying that this is not right what's been going on with me and then I get another bs load.

So I am here and will get a load myself. I have been calling this broker that has freight out of here so I'll try them. Dry freight too.

I will say one thing, GMAN is right when he says that if you take cheap freight you will get a rep for that. Now I need to break that rep. When I call people that don't know me, it's a whole another world. You can hear it in their voice that they are testing you. One guy offered my dirt to go to Pa and I said no but he just said very politely thank you very much anyway. I can tell he was just calling till he finds someone who will take it.

Damn Doghouse, I can't believe you are not out here yet. I don't log on much cause half the time the internet is too slow or I'm tired. Wait are you going to do, make getting out here your New Years resolution?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm working to get out Nov. 1st,......but don't hold my feet to the fire on that one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
I will say one thing, GMAN is right when he says that if you take cheap freight you will get a rep for that..
yep. your next rate is based on the last one you pulled.
Whenever I screw up and agree to a cheap rate (I'm speaking hypothetically here ) I always try to set it up to negotiate upward the next time I call because I know it's going to start low.

"But last time you moved this for $2." Then I might reply with, "But fuel was only $2.85 at that time, I had only 50 dead miles in it and there was no tarp"

Quote:
Now I need to break that rep. When I call people that don't know me, it's a whole another world. You can hear it in their voice that they are testing you.
it's tough out there.