Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158

Dont quote Steve, ---hmmm Il let Steve answer that 1 lol

You need to adopt and stick by Gmans principles along with finding your own shippers in you area, where do you live and what type trlr do you have? You dont have to be dedicated to the shippers but they need to know who you are and that you can give good service.------------------------Hmmm Seriously tho...I have been thru ths one before, that I leave for ASia 4 months or so outta the year, so doubt I could get a shpper, although I would love 1 n forget about brokers.

Double, triple brokering is done by the big boys and the bottom feeders. I have seen some scams run in this arena. How do you stop it? Dont haul a broker load if the shipper doesnt know the broker you got the load from. When you pull away from the dock, the Transportation Manager will rip his broker a new ash and you will probably be loading shipper direct that day. The Transportation Manager doesnt want to lose the truck. If you keep hauling 100% broker freight and haul for cheap, you will go out of business for those two reasons, you can explain it with other reasons, but I know the truth, been there, got the T-shirt.------------------------------K explain this better to me please cuz this is something thats driving me crazy...seeing all these brokers , rebroker their freight 4 or 5 times with the brokers taking a cut ....then we carriers wonder why frieghts down, you mean I as a carrier can complain to the shipper?....hmmm i outta call the shipper n say im the carrier n im complaining?????....hmmmm he would give a care?
Or your just saying the only solution is dont haul it?
If thats true no one can answer me this still?....ten years ago I heard Op's say that when I first started, I bet ten years before that the carriers said it too....why hasnt it worked yet? The truth is even if Pepe doesnt haul cheap freight....it will still be there....you can say it will go away...never has...never will.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Pepe........YOU DONT GET IT!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
K explain it to me since I'm so dense

Ten years ago im a swift trainee laying in my bunk not learning shit (as Steve says Lol) but I do hear all the super-turckers say, 'dont haul cheap freight.' So i ask my trainer whata hell that means ....n he says dont worry about it....so being me I do n learn it means that the O/ops think if they dont haul the cheap freight....rates will go up.
So I ask now...why didnt it work then, when I was just a trainee, sleeping all day in my bunk.....hmmm their is going to be this sudden new change tho, perhaps a religious ephithany that we will all suddenly band together and it will work this time?....i wonder?
My bottom line is im just not as experienced or resourcefull for sure as you or G-man, my philosphy is I hold out as long as I can for better rates, but when the poop hits the fan, i gotta take what I can to get movin and to stay afloat.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
K explain it to me since I'm so dense

Ten years ago im a swift trainee laying in my bunk not learning $&!+ (as Steve says Lol) but I do hear all the super-turckers say, 'dont haul cheap freight.' So i ask my trainer whata hell that means ....n he says dont worry about it....so being me I do n learn it means that the O/ops think if they dont haul the cheap freight....rates will go up.
So I ask now...why didnt it work then, when I was just a trainee, sleeping all day in my bunk.....hmmm their is going to be this sudden new change tho, perhaps a religious ephithany that we will all suddenly band together and it will work this time?....i wonder?
Its not about banding together, its about you getting TOP dollar for your service, If I want $2.25 plus fuel to run and you do it for $2 plus fuel, I want say you screwed the rate. If you cut it to $ .95 flat then you screwed the rate and every idiot that will haul it for that, probably not many, only you doing what you gotta do in your buizz.
going outta buizz.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Il also go outta buiz waiting for a better rate :-p.....seems best to get what i can...I admire G-man doesnt get his rate he will move empty...I take what I can, after I have fought as long as i dare for better.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Il also go outta buiz waiting for a better rate :-p
I'm going to give you my number, I want to broker loads to you.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Seriously ...am sure you would be a step up from the joke offers Ive gotten sometimes. :-p
As I said before....no one wants to work for ten an hour, when they think they are worth $20....I am just one pee in the pot though, n doubt i could make a difference anyhow,when push comes to shove I gotta suk it up sometimes....dont wana, just the creul facts of life :-p
My wife expects to see me in Asia come December, would love to come with 10k in my pocket, istead of 5K.....hmmm holding out for better freight has worked sometimes, but better to have the 5k then 0k if i wait and hold out too long (or worse yet move empty)
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Rookie

what are you averaging PePe
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Pepe where do you live and what type trailer do you have?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big truck driver
what are you averaging PePe
Hmmm hate to mention specifics cuz I have been at this only since May now, n I am still learning and getting my feet wet...depend where I am and how freight is moving.....when I leave out of LA, where rates are good, I want somewhere between 1.30-1.50, depending on the weight, and other factors, as many have mentioned here tho, after that its one big chess game to try to get where rates are good......in my worst hours of desperation (virus ate my operating system n stuck in a God-awfull dry-van place) I moved for way less then I ever intend to again....its a tricky call where you are versus what rates are moving for this week.