User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I go with national. I am open to the type of freight as I am trying to get my feet off the ground. Mileage is good. But If I have to go precentage I will. My driver only have 3 months otr.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Lol...% is actually better IMO, most of the big carrier will take you on AND find you a driver, they all pretty much all offer you the standard 115c per mile, and one hats as good as another :-p........can you make it on that?

N I'd love a carrier to make me a % offer....just havent found too many willing to do it that im familiar with.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Board Regular
Default You are in my town

You are in a good freight town with many options and like many said you have no cdl and you might fail because of unreliable drivers in this industry etc...I came into trucking without even being a company driver.Never drove for a company and went out and bought a truck.If I were you, while trying to get my CDL I would go on http://atlanta.craigslist.org under transportation and either find a driver or a carrier.Most of them wouldn't take 3months experience and the only desperate ones in atlanta are the container companies in atlanta.R&N is good because all they do is haul container chasis(very light and nothing heavy)Stay away from the major carriers becasue they will not take 3 months.Either you go the container route or go with someone with their own authority who has a small fleet of trucks.They would be willing to give that driver a chance.Get your CDL because I have heard horror stories of gloves being dropped in a fuel tank after the driver got fired or minor things like the driver failed to drained the air tanks daily and contaminated the tranny with water.