Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Desperately Need Help (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/28657-desperately-need-help.html)

trusonsinc 07-31-2007 04:03 PM

Desperately Need Help

I own a 2003 flt columbia. I have had the truck for the past six months and no work. I only have the tractor and no trailer. That's problem #1.

Problem #2: I don't have a CDL to drive the truck. I have a trusted driver but he only have 3 months of OTR expreicence.

Any suggestion on what to do. Completly STRESSED!!!!!!

Twilight Flyer 07-31-2007 04:15 PM

Why would you have a truck without a CDL? And if it's the fleet thing you are looking at, why get one with no driver and no accounts? 3 months of experience is as good as none at all.

Best advice you're going to get is to sell it, put together a solid business plan, line up your contacts (drivers & freight), and try again. Right now, you're in a no-win situation with no plan to succeed.

yoopr 07-31-2007 04:25 PM

Try contacting companies and lease on with them and odds are good they'll find a qualified driver to drive your truck.

trusonsinc 07-31-2007 05:28 PM

It was just a situation that fell into my lap and decided to jump on it and try my best. But I have been very unfortunate.

no_worries 07-31-2007 07:42 PM

Unfortunate has nothing to do with it :roll:

trusonsinc 07-31-2007 08:30 PM

Your right unfortunate don't have anything to do with it. That's why I am seeking advice.

Thanks so far and in advance.

furbis 08-01-2007 02:06 AM

I can relate in some ways with you, I bought a truck and leased to fedex ground and after getting all the paperwork done and approved 3 weeks ago I have still had no luck finding a team to put in the truck, but the truck is paid for and I have a substantial reserve account to keep my head above water until I find that team, also being leased to fedex as soon as I have that team in place they will start making me money immediatly. so my advise is if you have the time and money to wait on a driver and find loads then hang in there and realize running a business is rarely easy that is why most people are employees. on the other hand if you are out of money and have no plan I would sell the truck, read as much as you can on the subject ask a lot of ???? talk to other O/O and get a business plan in place and then try again after you have all your ducks in a row.

GMAN 08-01-2007 03:18 AM

I think you have 2 choices. You can lease the truck to a carrier and see if they can assist you in finding a qualified driver or you can sell the truck. From your posting, I assume that you are running your own authority? Some of the lower paying carriers may be willing to qualify your driver with only 3 months experience. Since you don't have a CDL or trailer, your options are rather limited. Good luck.

trusonsinc 08-01-2007 03:42 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone recomand a company in the Atlanta area to lease to?

GMAN 08-01-2007 03:51 PM

There are several companies who have terminals in and around Atlanta. Are you wanting regional, national or local? What type of freight do you want to pull? Do you want a carrier who pays percentage or mileage? A percentage carrier will usually take more of your time unless you have a good experienced driver who can run the truck, but that can be challenging, too.