User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
So, Paul, what is it? Are you related to Tim, married to Faith, your Dr. Phil therapist, or Oprah's buddy? Which one, I curious?
Yes, as you know Dr. Phil, who is not married to Faith is the Uncle of Tim's sister's cousin's ex-wife twice removed. I am closely unrelated although I did once try to date my cousin, also a McGraw, because we live in de South and it is a tradition down here.

The McGraw's are proud of the fact that we have deep roots in poverty. Dr. Phil and Tim are the black sheeps of the family and I don't mean the ones in that TV show about pilots fighting the Japs in the revolutionary war of 1812.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Default Re: Paul McGraw is a celebrity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpuddle
I saw you on the Superior carriers web site. Would you say you meant every word you said and are very happy with the company? Have you been happy with the accessorials and the home time? Have there been multiple loads to choose from and good paying loads or has it been here is the load take it or sit?

The company drivers with Superior seem to be VERY happy. I am interested to see if owner ops are as happy with them. Cyanide and Skywalker seem to love the company curious if you have seen the same culture with the owner op side. How many times are you able to drop a dirty and pick a clean and keep moving vs getting tank washes while waiting. What about in transit heat, I would be scared to death to contaminate my cooling system or mix in the wrong type of coolant, how do you guys deal with this.

Be safe, I look forward to some good info. Going to make a decision soon on one of these companies.
I am sending you a PM with my phone number. I really do like Superior. Tank Wagons are very different from any other type of trucking work, climbing on top to check hatches, dealing with hoses, valves, fittings, sometimes assisting in loading, wearing the space suits every now and then and so forth.

But if you are willing to put up with the extra work, the pay is great.

Also some drivers just can not ever get used to the feel of driving a tank. The surge can be very un-nerving.

Once you have decided to give tanks a try, the choice of company depends a lot on where you live. If there is a Superior terminal close to where you live, I can recomend Superior very highly.

Do be aware that while the dispatchers will try to keep you happy about home time and where you want to drive, in the long run you are much better off just letting them dispatch you. Loads may require a particular type of tank wagon, or the shipper might insist that the tank be washed in a certain way, etc. Dispatchers are always trying to work one step ahead and accept loads where the driver and the tank will be positioned for the next good paying load when the first is unloaded.

About half the time the tanks are preloaded. All of the deliveries I have done are "live unloads" and usually require the driver to handle the unloading of the product. Sometimes you have to wear a NOMEX fireproof suit. Sometimes you have to wear just hard hat and safety glasses, sometimes you have to put on the full space suit.

Give me a call and we will talk.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul McGraw
Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
So, Paul, what is it? Are you related to Tim, married to Faith, your Dr. Phil therapist, or Oprah's buddy? Which one, I curious?
Yes, as you know Dr. Phil, who is not married to Faith is the Uncle of Tim's sister's cousin's ex-wife twice removed. I am closely unrelated although I did once try to date my cousin, also a McGraw, because we live in de South and it is a tradition down here.

The McGraw's are proud of the fact that we have deep roots in poverty. Dr. Phil and Tim are the black sheeps of the family and I don't mean the ones in that TV show about pilots fighting the Japs in the revolutionary war of 1812.
:roll: :lol: :lol: That is seriously demented!! No wonder Taylor Swift wrote a song about you!?!