User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I could have dealt with a new truck payment either, so I'm with you on the used truck thing.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Doghouse, I could never ever do what you did. I'm truly glad it worked out for you, but I don't trust people like that. I know about the loss of the mom and pop places of the world, but I like the fact that I can go into a Walmart and if it breaks, just take it back.

Of course we are now talking about trucks, but I like the fact of having warranties etc. Even right now I had water come into my house the other day during the rains and I'm waiting on the builder to come over and take a look. Like I said I like warranties.

Really as for a new truck i can get one without a payment but of course that will not leave me much for repairs (plus I need a trailer).

I mentioned the National Truck Protection in the original post but nobody has commented on that. It looks pretty good. I can get a warranty for about $3000 with no mile restrictons on the truck and it covers quite a bit. Of course they want to check it out first but here's the website if anyone's interested:

http://www.nationaltruckprot.com/
Old 06-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Board Regular

It seems like you need to hire someone big time to help you buy a used truck. Ask at your mechanics. Get someone in your hip pocket that knows what they're doing. It is the cost of doing business. It will be money well spent.